Force Tune 4DTV DSR-920?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Wholeshoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2004
All

Is there a procedure to force to a 4dtv DSR-920 receiver to a channels that is digicipher clear but not in the channel map? Specifically I am looking for KU stuff.

I have a relative that bought a KU lnkb for his 4DTV box/BUD and he want to watch something off from it.

Thanks

Wholeshoe

Last edited:
You can use generic satellites like KE, KF, and KG. What channels does he want to receive?

He just wants to play and see whats out there mainly but how about GPTV on AMC3 and Louisana Public Broadcasting on AMC3.

Wholeshoe

For PBS t Louisiana PBS requires a 922. A 920 won't work.

Last edited by a moderator:
photoman76 said:
They are all listed on Lyngsat so what's the problem?

The problem is Motorola does not have the right to map them in the system, and so the trick you do can cause problems to Motorola and the end users.

I'm not trying to be an ass. its just best not to post certain info :) it can also lead to encryption...

I didn't mean to cause a stir but thanks for the information and for changing my poor typing in the Title of this thread.

I think I have enough information to play with it and see if I cannot tune something in.

Thanks for the help

Wholeshoe

tdti1 said:
Would it be possibe to remove your post? and maybe PM the guy....

I totally agree that this shouldn't be in a public forum, but the private "What's up there" forum might be a better way to give the info. I didn't know about this one either. :)

I know that there are many channels that are not mapped by the General Instruments / Motorola equipment and it bugs me too, but that sure seems like a lot of trouble to go through with the potential risk of badly messing something up. Is there another receiver that could be bought that will tune all of the channels, you know, like a radio where you tune it in on the frequency of interest?

If you don't mind spending a few thousand dollars, you can get a DSR-48XX.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts