Format an HR 24 HDD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

whatchel1

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Sep 30, 2006
Great High Plains
Hope someone can help on this. Some neighbors down the street were evicted from their rental. The landlord threw most of their stuff in the dumpster. In this stuff was an HR24-100. So I retrieved it. I checked w/ D and it couldn't be used as it had been a leased unit. So now I have the HDD out of it. I would like to reuse it in a PC but am unable to format it. I've tried and it shows up in bios but when I try to load the OS onto it I'm told there is no HDD in PC. Does anyone know of a program that will wipe one of these HDD's.

Well got Linux loaded on it but so far can't get it formatted to use windows. Will have to now search out how I can reload windows onto a Linux drive.

In the BIOS there should be a way to delete the existing partition and then to recreate it.
Then let Windows format it.
I will try to find it but so far haven't. It's either booting up in Linux or in Win set up comes up w/ the message. The file pci.sys is corrupted. Press any key to continue. This has turned into a royal PITA. Well at least the HDD didn't cost me anything. May just order another HDD and try now to format this one to use an ext HDD for a dish system.

You should be using the "Manage" option on the properties menu of the "my computer" icon. Been a while since I dealt with partitioning in windows but that is where it is. It should be very simple, blow away all existing partitions and create a new one.

You should be using the "Manage" option on the properties menu of the "my computer" icon. Been a while since I dealt with partitioning in windows but that is where it is. It should be very simple, blow away all existing partitions and create a new one.
That's exactly what I'm using. It won't format it. Found out it is not unusual. The HDD will not internationalize. I'm hoping that EaseUS will be able to do something w/it. But thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)