Former E* customer, now i want to go back..

Can you apply a club dish card to a formers DHA? maybe he could save the set up fee......

There are several options, however we cannot combine a club Dish with any promotions from Dishstore.

We waive the activation fee anyways for new customers, so the only difference would be that the refering customer wouldn't get credit.

the reason for this is that there is a certificate we use to get paid our commission and you can't have our certificate and a club Dish certificate on the same account.

I just came back to E* after a 3 year absence. I even told them I was a former customer. They ran my SS# through their "system" and said I qualified as a new customer.

There is a time frame, 6 mo or a year.

All I remember is when I came back I called and the CSR told me if I waited 22 days I'd get a different deal, since the 622 was being released the day after my 22nd day I just waited since it was the 622 that pushed me back into Dish.

mbetts said:
I just came back to E* after a 3 year absence. I even told them I was a former customer. They ran my SS# through their "system" and said I qualified as a new customer.

Depends on if you moved, or gave them a different phone number. Usually when you enter the customer information in CSG it will pop up with a warning telling you there is a duplicate account and then making you qualify under formers DHA.

Also keep in mind that Dish started to require Social Security numbers on all new Digital Home Plan activations on 4/1/2001, in addition they started a mandatory credit scoring of all new customers on 12/1/2001.

If your signed up before 4/1/2001, more than likely Dish does not have your Social Security number on file and to be a new customer all you need is a new address and phone number.

mbetts said:

funny, they said since I was a "former customer", no can do. :mad: I would have to pay out so much, blah, blah, blah. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind going back if Dish would do me right. I have no balance owed and left in good standing.

Last edited:
My 622 installation has been delayed because of equipment shortages. Should be out Friday. Hopefully they'll bring me one of the "good" ones.

jerryez said:
You can be a new baby only once and a new customer only once. No one is reborn. Anything else is cheating.

Funny, I've seen a few people say stuff like this. I was with Dish for many years. I got in when there weren't any special deals. Many times I would look at how people would get free hardware for signing up for two years. I never got any free hardware. I never was given any special deals. Now I that I'm not with them, if I go back and ask for a new customer deal, how is that cheating them?

Dish is the only company I've seen that deals with media that doesn't allow this to happen. Comcast will treat you as a new customer. AT&T will do it to. This is one of the things that will make it so I may never go back to Dish.

berck said:
... Now I that I'm not with them, if I go back and ask for a new customer deal, how is that cheating them? ...
"Asking" for a new customer deal is not cheating by any reasonable standard. Lying to obtain a new customer deal would be another matter. Don't ya think? :rolleyes:

Claude Greiner said:
Also keep in mind that Dish started to require Social Security numbers on all new Digital Home Plan activations on 4/1/2001, in addition they started a mandatory credit scoring of all new customers on 12/1/2001.

If your signed up before 4/1/2001, more than likely Dish does not have your Social Security number on file and to be a new customer all you need is a new address and phone number.

So is Dish going to be like the insurance company and give me a discount for a good credit rating? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)