Formula for calculating angle of satellite motor arm

Status
Please reply by conversation.

adrian

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
Can any one give me the formula to calculate the angle of a sat motor arm(set at 0) at any given latitude.The markings on the sat motor is not that accurate and it is more accurate to use a digital inclinomitor when placed against the sat arm.

what i experienced and many others have helped me tremendously here is first point the dish to your true south sat. for the motor i used dishpointer for my latitude. the number for me is 44.6 i set the elevation on the motor to that or as close and left that alone. then i adjusted the dish to get the best picture and used usals from there for every other sat. with all that said you would need to provide what motor, dish, receiver so the guys here can give you more info based on your setup. i hope this helps.

The following formula is a good start and I think it's how my SG2100 motor owner's manual outlines it:

(90 - lattitude) - 30 equals motor arm angle measured from vertical. (90 - lattitude) is the same as elevation.

After that you adjust your dish for declination angle.

To me it looks like a procedure that gets you perfect aim at a true south satellite but far less than perfect aim for satellites east and west of true south.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)