Fortec 90cm/Stab HH90 setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

phlatwound

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 25, 2007
Goosapeak Junction
I bought one of those $120 shipped Fortec 90 cm dish/Merc2/HH90 packages off of Feebay last year. Not long after getting it I setup the dish and receiver in a stationary position for about 30 minutes, just to see if the Merc2 worked and to check out it's menus....worked great. I ended up selling the Merc2 to one of our forum members as I had several SD DVB receivers and didn't really need it.

Fast forward to last weekend, decided to setup the dish on the HH90 motor on a post on our back porch. I already have a .9 3ABN mounted on a DG380 on a post in the back yard, but as we all know, it is not good to let dishes and motors lay around unused. ;)

The mounting pipe and struts are parts of 3 different mounts I had laying around, the adjustable ones on the sides came of a very nice Direcway dish mount.

The motor is (was?) distributed by Fortec, and has a Fortec sticker on it, but I believe thay are just rebadging the STAB HH90. The Fortec .9 dish is an exact match for the motor, the hole in the arm lined up perfectly to the bracket, no adaptation was required.

Took about an hour to install and plumb the mount, then about 30 minutes to install the motor and dish/hook it to CS6000-Techsat Tracker/tweak it to the arc.

I am hitting the arc very well from 72W-129W, next time I play with it I will attempt 61.5 to the east and 148 to the west. :)

Attachments

• Sat Fortec .9m and HH90.JPG
    Sat Fortec .9m and HH90.JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 356
  • Sat Fortec .9m and HH90b.JPG
    Sat Fortec .9m and HH90b.JPG
    226 KB · Views: 337
  • Sat 4 dish roof view.JPG
    Sat 4 dish roof view.JPG
    338.9 KB · Views: 322
The motor looks exactly like my STAB HH-90, took me a few seconds to be sure because since you are located a lot further south you need to mount it in the opposite set of holes as mine are in. I really like my motor and have never had a problem with it. USALS is right on the money every time. $120 for a compete system, all I can say is WOW!

I have an identical system, Fortec 90cm dish/hh90 . In Feb 2007, my STAB HH90 failed , and was replaced under it's long warranty by Fortec . It wouldn't surprise me at all if they had a very close relationship.
My 90cm/STAB hh90 is just a pleasure to work with. USALS is a STAB product, and this motor is sweet.
:)

Nice dish farm, Phlatwound! The 3ABN dish is very familiar :) Too bad they stopped selling them a couple of years ago, the $50 shipped deal was awesome!

Thanks for the kudos, guys, couldn't have done any of this stuff without all of your help. :)

The farm will really be looking good with the addition of a Birdview or 2 that are waiting in the wings. :cool:

Sweet setup !!

Thanks Cad, another half dozen dishes, or so, and I'll be getting close to the crop you're raising! ;)

Update: was able to see 61.5W from that location but it seems that 148W is in the edge of an oak tree, will probably work this winter though. :)

Great pictures phlatwound!

I see the Dish Farm is growing! ;)

I agree with SatPhreak on the motor, kinda looks like a STAB HH-90.

I had one just like that last year, same one Fortec made and other than the labeling, I would say that STAB made them and Fortec Star just re-packaged it.

Great to see a working 3ABN dish, if you remember mine last year a wind storm took out! Well, my fault keeping a week metric bolt in the motor then that was about to break before that storm! I still wish I had that in place of my 80 CM Fortec now!

Anyway, thought I would buzz in and say "Nice L:):)king Dish Farm!"

Keep them watered regularly and in direct sunlight from time to time and it will yield yearly transponders for ya! :D

K E V I N
ftabman0_avitar-cordoba.gif

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts