Fortec C-band dishes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

techno935

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
Pompano Beach, FL
Was told by Sadoun they cannot be motorized with an actuator. OK, so...what can I get from a gold sponsor here that does sell a C-band motorized kit/bundle. If i'm gonna get a BUD, I'd rather it be motorized and not stationary. Welcome all thoughts.

I just looked at the Fortec site, and they don't show any dishes with a polar mount. I remember someone, maybe Sadoun himself, saying they were going to be getting some Fortec's with polar mounts. Maybe they're still in production phase, or maybe they changed there mind?

Al

Tracy, do you have your bud pointing at just one sat or do you have it so it can be moved? I'm trying to get all my options in m head before I jump in feet first.

W_Tracy_Parnell said:
One of the members here told me you can buy the Fortec with a polor mount, but I don't know where. Maybe he will jump in.

UPDATE:

I'm just at the point where every bar/club I've gone to that has a BUD, they give me all sorts of red tape.

Plus, either:

The mesh is torn, or the bolts are rusted, and I would just rather shell out some money for something I know will work.

I am getting close with one bar though, pending a call back from an owner, he will let me snag just the LNB and feedhorn. One problem with that, the feedhorn/LNB assembly was knocked around badly in hurricane Wilma. Not sure how well LNBs hold up to damage from wind and shock. Long story short, the hunt continues.

well there are still lots of buds around here . You might have to venture out a little more into the rural areas were cable never went. Those are the ones that most likely have just switched to Dtv or E*

sidekick said:
Tracy, do you have your bud pointing at just one sat or do you have it so it can be moved? I'm trying to get all my options in m head before I jump in feet first.

I have been leaving it on G16 for the nets, but it can be moved anytime I want. I had it on RFD-TV for about a week but my wife gets that on Dish so I tape it there.

techno935 said:
UPDATE:

I'm just at the point where every bar/club I've gone to that has a BUD, they give me all sorts of red tape.

Plus, either:

The mesh is torn, or the bolts are rusted, and I would just rather shell out some money for something I know will work.

I am getting close with one bar though, pending a call back from an owner, he will let me snag just the LNB and feedhorn. One problem with that, the feedhorn/LNB assembly was knocked around badly in hurricane Wilma. Not sure how well LNBs hold up to damage from wind and shock. Long story short, the hunt continues.

Have you tried Freecycle.. I put a wanted ad in and the next day I had an offer.. I'm waiting for the details right now.. The best part is - it's only about 10 miles away..

I'd try an ad anywhere it's free.. Some grocery stores have bulletenboards to post stuff..

Looks like freecycle actually did the trick. Here's what I have been offered. Can't tell much from the photo though.

Attachments

• bud.JPG
    bud.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 180
It looks like a 10 foot Dish made by Orbit. IF so, it's best to disassemble while still on the pole. You pull out the plastic ribs which hold in the mesh pannels. Theres a bolt at the back of the dish that will loosen an allow you to spin the dish while your taking it appart.

The thing loos like its pretty high. Ugh.

techno935 said:
Looks like freecycle actually did the trick. Here's what I have been offered. Can't tell much from the photo though.

SWEET...

I got another email this morning from a guy with 2 10' mesh dishes and 1 has an actuator.. But, a little rough.. From the next town over.. That's all I know so far..

The first offer the lady said - Huge Unimesh with a Superjack II + HB.. No receiver and hasn't been used in 15 years, ha..

Not bad for the first week of the ad...

I drove by the place and these a**holes never took good care of the dish or their roof! The pole is all bent over, the mounts, bolts, are all rusted to the point of no return. I told em to shove the feedarm where it doesn't shine. I'll wait for more responses.

You know, I can't understand how people can be so careless with outdoor equipment. I know things rust, that happens, but for crying out loud, maintain your setup!

Last edited:
techno935 said:
I drove by the place and these a**holes never took good care of the dish or their roof! The pole is all bent over, the mounts, bolts, are all rusted to the point of no return. I told em to shove the feedarm where it doesn't shine. I'll wait for more responses.

You know, I can't understand how people can be so careless with outdoor equipment. I know things rust, that happens, but for crying out loud, maintain your setup!

I have to agree with you there, i was going to pickup an old Winegard 8ft dish until he emailed me the pictures of it.

It was so rusty i could not beleive it, it was not even worth bothering.

If people took care of their antennas instead it would have been better.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)