Fortec FS6D + scalar ring possible? or do I need a Collar II?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sadoun had some spare panels a while back and I got 2 but didnt know they were the different color until I put them on a month or so ago ;)

Iceberg, as far as the sand sack you have to support the 6ft dish, how heavy is it? and Will one sack do?

LMK Thx

Since the one dish gets moved out of the garage I have the sand bag for weight. Also since my true south is 38 degrees (being in MN) the dish gets a little top heavy. Since you are in California your elevations will be higher than mine so it wont be as top heavy

The sand bag is 70 pounds and the dish stays put even with winds. Oh wait it did move a couple times when wind blew but we had a nice glaze of ice on the ground :D

The 2nd one (the one on the table) has 2 70# sand bags on them just due to being up higher and on the table. Sand here is pretty cheap as we use it for vehicle weight for driving in snow :)

Since the one dish gets moved out of the garage I have the sand bag for weight. Also since my true south is 38 degrees (being in MN) the dish gets a little top heavy. Since you are in California your elevations will be higher than mine so it wont be as top heavy

The sand bag is 70 pounds and the dish stays put even with winds. Oh wait it did move a couple times when wind blew but we had a nice glaze of ice on the ground :D

The 2nd one (the one on the table) has 2 70# sand bags on them just due to being up higher and on the table. Sand here is pretty cheap as we use it for vehicle weight for driving in snow :)

ok so been in Cali.. how much sand would be appropriate for me since it will be sitting on top of a wooden palot, which will be sitting on concrete floor out in the back yard

Is the dish going to be fixed at a satellite or ghetto moved like mine is?

If its fixed, there are 3 brackets that come with the dish that can be bolted to something (like the pallet)...see attached pic. This is when I had mine on an old cable spool...had the sandbag just for added weight ;)

Attachments

• IM000752.JPG
    IM000752.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 113
  • IM000753.JPG
    IM000753.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 105
Is the dish going to be fixed at a satellite or ghetto moved like mine is?

If its fixed, there are 3 brackets that come with the dish that can be bolted to something (like the pallet)...see attached pic. This is when I had mine on an old cable spool...had the sandbag just for added weight ;)

not sure about the fixed or getto moving as of yet. Since my plans are to get both 116w and 113w Cband am gonna have no choice but to do the Getto stylee.

so am have to move it manually from 116 to 113 as needed.

BTW: I have not had any Cband dish for a while now due to HOA.. but since this one will be sitting on the ground is barely noticeable, and that's the reason why I didn't get the polar mount one.. its a no no in my hood

not sure about the fixed or getto moving as of yet. Since my plans are to get both 116w and 113w Cband am gonna have no choice but to do the Getto stylee.

so am have to move it manually from 116 to 113 as needed.
oh ok....one bag of sand should be fine. I know on the dish on the deck (that has 2 sandbags) I slide one off to move the dish :)

Here is an idea

Since the satellites are 4 degrees (well 3.8...close enough to 4) you might be able to rig something up to get both

Here is what I did a couple years ago to get 99 & 103
http://www.satelliteguys.us/c-band-satellite-discussion/92274-2-c-band-lnbs-one-6-dish.html

it involves cutting the scaler rings but if you got the time, patience and effort it can be done. I havent tried 113 & 116.8 as both are kinda weak here in MN (footprint isnt the best). But in Cali you should have better signals than me.

Here is an idea

Since the satellites are 4 degrees (well 3.8...close enough to 4) you might be able to rig something up to get both

Here is what I did a couple years ago to get 99 & 103
http://www.satelliteguys.us/c-band-satellite-discussion/92274-2-c-band-lnbs-one-6-dish.html

it involves cutting the scaler rings but if you got the time, patience and effort it can be done. I havent tried 113 & 116.8 as both are kinda weak here in MN (footprint isnt the best). But in Cali you should have better signals than me.

nice!

That is def something to try as soon as am set with the 6 footer and a whole weekend off from family duties hehe

It also helps if you have extra scaler rings around ;)

actually I do that came with a hole made for DBS LNB.. Let me see if I can find it and I can post a pic of it

well I did find 2 scalar rings.. brand new ones too that I forgot I even had.. :D
Now I do want to do the mod for dual feeds.. I do have a metal shop next door to my business that can prob make a nice and clean cut on that scalar.

The 2 Cband LNBs I got are the DMS ASC421 and DMS BSC621-2

Attachments

• IMAG0013.jpg
    IMAG0013.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 125
They should be able to cut them pretty slick. My dad cut mine with the sawz-all and this was an old school solid metal scaler ring...He busted a blade on it ;)

...He busted a blade on it ;)

worth every penny too..

Yeah I have a metal old school one too, but its kinda yucky so its back in the garage.
Yeah the new ones will be easier to cut as they are indeed less heavy then the old ones.

The only drawback is they may have more flex especially being partially cut...But it should still work :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts