Status
Please reply by conversation.

MrMylesG

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 19, 2004
Perry Hall, MD
Hi Guys!

I saw a Fortec LT Ultra (not Blackbird) on Ebay for $149, So while I was laboring over how I was going to pay for it, my wife told me, "just put it on my credit card". :) :) Needless to say, I did not refuse. Anyway, I got it today and have been playing around with it. Sure has some powerful features.

I'll report back after I have made some progress in learning the way the thing operates. Of course right now it is raining cats and dogs so I can't do too much with it. It does seem to have some very powerful features.

MrM

Easy!

Ask your wife to use her credit card. Really, the Fortec seems to be a great little receiver. In fact it is quite a bit smaller than my Coship 5300 and it moves my dish without a problem too.

Fortec

I was scanning around the sky yesterday using a standard KU LNB when I came across AMC2 and my Fortec picked up the Dishnetwork channels, even the famous screen, "Congratulations, you have a Super Dish". Of course, all the channels were scrambled except that one screen. I am surprised that I could even get them with a FTA lnb at all.

Now another question I have. I have come across several CBS newsfeed channels but it says they are scrambled. Is this normal for DVB feeds or is it because they are not active at the moment? Curious, because this is the first time I have been able to see them.

MrM

You'll get everything on AMC2 and Echostar9 that isn't scrambled, the LNB you're using for FTA is the same as those found on the Superdish for locals.

As for the CBS feeds, Pete or Tony will have to fill you in on those, I can only see up to G3 and part of T6 due to trees (As PSB reminds me once a week.)
The only feeds I regularly see are the CBC feeds off AnikF1 and they're in 4:2:2 which a regular STB can't decode.

MrMylesG said:
I was scanning around the sky yesterday using a standard KU LNB when I came across AMC2 and my Fortec picked up the Dishnetwork channels, even the famous screen, "Congratulations, you have a Super Dish". Of course, all the channels were scrambled except that one screen. I am surprised that I could even get them with a FTA lnb at all.

AMC5 and E9 (105 & 121 respectivelly) are KU band. I have Dish's channel 7000 & 900 in my guide (just so I know that they are there)
Now another question I have. I have come across several CBS newsfeed channels but it says they are scrambled. Is this normal for DVB feeds or is it because they are not active at the moment? Curious, because this is the first time I have been able to see them.

MrM
CBS is the worst when it comes to feeds. They seem to scramble them or they come in at such a low signal you cant get them. If they are not active, they won't "ping" when you do a search.
With Ivan coming soon, try T6 & AMC9 for tons of feeds. Last week with Frances the feeds lit up

Feeds

Sounds like a good idea. We had brushes with the last two hurricanes and I am not looking forward to a repeat. Heck, the thunderstorms are bad enough!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts