Fortec LNB's with T90

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Acelon

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 30, 2008
Anyone tried using a Fortec Universal LNB on a T90 dish yet? I can't seem to get much of a signal whatsoever from any linear satellite using these LNBS. I used the three reverse linear LNBS that came with the dish to aim and properly align the dish(or so i assume its aimed properly) and get near perfect signals from 110 119 and 91. But i Have tried two seperate Fortec universals and treid to aim them at 101, 97, 103, etc.. but barely ever get a glimmer. Anyone have any advice for this? Thanks in advance.

what size dish do you have? The T55 or the T90?

The T55 is too small for FTA but the T90 works great. I have one nad have used universal LNB's with no issues. Make sure the setup in the receiver menu is right (Universal 1)

Its the T90, I bought specifically for FTA purposes since my wife wanted to get her Lao\Thai channels on Galaxy25, and I wanted to find some cricket to watch.

I even bought a wingard sat finder this weekend, but the closest thing i could get was some weird pulse. It would spike up to 8 or 9 on the meter for a few seconds, and then drop to no signal. 4-5 seconds later another pulse, then nothing again. Best signal i could ever get continuously was by putting my finger in front of the darn lnb.

Anyone tried using a Fortec Universal LNB on a T90 dish yet? I can't seem to get much of a signal whatsoever from any linear satellite using these LNBS. I used the three reverse linear LNBS that came with the dish to aim and properly align the dish(or so i assume its aimed properly) and get near perfect signals from 110 119 and 91. But i Have tried two seperate Fortec universals and treid to aim them at 101, 97, 103, etc.. but barely ever get a glimmer. Anyone have any advice for this? Thanks in advance.

No such thing as a Reversed Linear. The linear's are alot harder to tune the T90 for. Start with a linear near the center of the dish and peak with the elevation adjustment (Also small movements on the rail). after that add an outboard linear and peak with skew adjustment (again may need small movement on the rail). Don't forget that angling the LNBs towards the center of the dish also increases the signal strength.

It is a good idea to try to stick with standards on a T-90... With so many LNBFs, you will want to keep the option for 22k switching if possible.

My apologies, I meant reversed circular for the 110 and 119. Whatever kind it is that comes with the dish. My friend who was helping me out installs dish network for a living and I figured once we got those three stronger signals tuned in good, the dish should be pretty well aligned and the linears should just be a matter of sliding them on the rail, but apparently I still have some other issue. Our initial attempt was to center and align on 101 or 97, but was unsuccessful there too. He is coming back over to help again this weekend with his more sensitive sat finding tools and maybe we can have better luck then.

As far as standards vs universal, I have ordered some standards, but the universals were the only ones the dish store that my friend works for carries. I wish those red things that Iceberg uses had dual outputs :)

Once I get it up and running I'll let you know when i find some. :) Some of my indian friends tell me they get feeds for it ocasionally, mostly from some atlantic sats.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts