Fortec Mercury II Clone?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

glater

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 14, 2005
I would like to know how to find out if a Fortec Mercury II is a clone or original. I have also put a similar post on Sadoun's site. I bought the receiver used from ebay, 1/2 half retail, & it will be delivered Saturday. The ad said that it is 1 month old & is an original. Before I bought it, I emailed the guy to verify where he bought it. When he replied, he said that he purchased it a Sadoun so I bought it. The guy has about 250 feedbacks (mostly buys) @100%, so I hope he's on the level. But when it arrives I would like something solid, other than his word, that it is an original. I have tried numerous searches on the internet and came up empty. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well, I don't think Sadoun is going to sell clones to anyone and I don't think I have seen any large scale clone of the Merc II reported anywhere on the web. All you can do is wait till you get it I guess. I had a merc II for quite a while and I'm sure if you are really worried, Sadoun would look at some pics to verify best they can.

I haven't read anything about Mercury II clones, so I probably don't have anything to worry about, but I would still like to know for sure. If he bought it from Sadoun I have no worries, but do I trust that. I've had good experience with most of my ebay purchases in the past. Just want to make sure I'm getting the real thing. Thanks for the input.

I saw on Coolsat's website that they will give you a new receiver to replace your Coolsat clone if you turn it into them. Maybe Fortec offers the same policy.

Ive never seen any mercury II clones out there, I can imagine someone cloning the mercuryII as it works awesome for truefta but not so well for the illegal market. most clones seem directed at the illegal side as their in it just for a quick buck.

Thanks for the input, Fedex delivered the receiver today, 1 day early. I haven't set it up yet, but I, like you, am beginning to think that it's not a clone. In all my net searches I've come up empty. But I figured that if I asked, someone on the forum might have sniffed it out. I've emailed Fortec, but haven't received a reply yet. I'm going to let it go and get on with setting it up and enjoying it. From other posts, the Mercury II seems like a good one. Man, FTA is addictive. Thanks again everyone.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts