fortec mercury II help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

skylab

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2008
I noticed when I blind scan galaxy 10r I get some channels with no audio. I didn't see a way to edit the audio ID for the channel anywhere. Can I edit this without adding a new channel? Didn't see anything in the manual about this.

Thanks

Which channels? There are some that are scrambled, that you might get on a blind scan. And there's the Retrojams music video channel which has ac-3 dolby audio-your Merc won't decode that, you have to connect the box to a home theater system with the S/PDIF cable. Or if there's a jack for the other digital audio output, a cable for that. The Merc2 does pass the signals thru, I understand.

I noticed when I blind scan galaxy 10r I get some channels with no audio. I didn't see a way to edit the audio ID for the channel anywhere. Can I edit this without adding a new channel? Didn't see anything in the manual about this.

Thanks

If you get a program such as Channel Master that is recommended by Iceberg here you could edit the audio PIDS, or, like Pop said, you could do an advanced scan by audio PID to get them. They still will not have audio no matter how you get the correct PID in there without some way to decode the AC3. If you have a surround sound system it might have an input for Dolby. I have two surround systems. One, came with our house when we bought it, and the 2nd I kind of HAD to add upstairs because I ended up with too many sources after I added VCR, DVD, FTA, DTV, Video Game, Video Camera.....!

One surround uses the cable that has the red light coming out of it. That's the Lifetime Classic NA. The Lifetime Ultra has a coaxial audio cable and I use that upstairs.

Sometimes, I even have to change to another channel and back again to get the auidio to pop in. That happens mostly because I did a power scan of G10R and I have not bothered to delete the scrambled channels yet. If I tune to one of those and then the next channel is AC3, I get no sound. So I have to tune to one that I know is FTA and then change to the AC3 channel.

On G10R, I think Retrojams is the only English language channel that is AC3.

There are some headphones that some have bought here to decode the AC3. If you had a stereo system that was not a Theater Sound system you could use the headphone system and feed that as an input on your stereo system.

I'd say its either AC3, of which there is retrojams and a spanish channel, or that you need to press the audio button and select one of the options on the list with sound. Sometimes it scans in with more than one audio channel option and you just press the audio button on the remote and pick the one with the correct sound.

On G10R, I think Retrojams is the only English language channel that is AC3.

There are some headphones that some have bought here to decode the AC3. If you had a stereo system that was not a Theater Sound system you could use the headphone system and feed that as an input on your stereo system.

I found in a flea-market one bass-speaker PC-type with AC3 decoder included named: Boston digital BA735, it works...!

Now I have another AC3 decoder besides my RCA home teather...

I found in a flea-market one bass-speaker PC-type with AC3 decoder included named: Boston digital BA735, it works...!

Is there an optical digital connector on the BA735 or coax (RCA)? I ask because the Fortec MII is optical only.

Actually, the BA-735 does not (by itself) decode Dolby Digital. It has a digital SPDIF input (coaxial), but that is for PCM, not compressed Dolby Digital. If you feed it Dolby Digital (AC-3), you will get a very loud, annoying shrieking sound, or nothing, depending on the receiver. The PCM should work on any non-AC-3 channel, though.

I have a few of these speaker systems (purchased from thrift stores), all work well for PCM digital audio.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts