Fortec Passion HDTV FTA Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
This is one of the hottest items on display at this years SBE 2007, the Fortec Passion High Definition Free To Air receiver!

I will have more pictures of this receiver from our SatelliteGuys photo booth later but since they only have one of them here and everyone wants to see it I can't get my hands on it for photos.

One things you might note that is not mentioned which this receiver will be able to do is 4:2:2 digital! I know many of our Free To Air fans have been waiting for that!

Anyways here are some pictures to tide you over for a little bit with more to come later today or tommorow.

All photos are copyright 2007 SatelliteGuys.US and may not be used without permission.

Attachments

• passion1.jpg
    passion1.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 1,045
  • passion6.jpg
    passion6.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 1,097
  • passion5.jpg
    passion5.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 769
  • passion4.jpg
    passion4.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 888
  • passion3.jpg
    passion3.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 841
  • passion2.jpg
    passion2.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 919
Last edited by a moderator:
That brochure shows SCART connectors on the rear.
What does the unit have?

I think the 4:2:2 will win over many.
Any answer to delivery date, price, (in the US, of course)
...or confirmation on blind scanning?

edit: Oh, sorry, that IS the Euro model.
Well, no matter, tell 'em we don't mind the SCART connectors and will deal with 'em. :rolleyes:

re-edit: Clipped from another thread:
I had a great meeting with David from Fortec and I got to say if you are a TRUE FTA Fan you are going to want one of these units when they are available later this year.

I will have lot of pictures of this unit for you tommorow, however don't expect any screen shots at this time as the receiver David has needs new software as the software on it only does PAL. From the specs on the thing and all the connections on the back, this is going to be a very impressive unit!

Last edited:
It will do Blindscan. They are only making one model for all countries.

The american version will come with an american power cord, and other contries will come with the proper power units as well.

When you turn it on the first time you will see a map on your screen, select your country and the proper software will then be installed on the box (NTSC or PAL)

This means it WILL has SCART's as well as HDMI and component outputs.

I am going to go over and try steeling it for photos in a little bit.

I am going to go over and try

... and not one that does Blind Scans. :eek:
It's about damned time!

Now, if they'd just put recording capability into it... but I digress.
Sounds wonderful.
Tell 'em 50 SatGuys will take the first batch off the boat! :rolleyes:

Now folks here are some REAL pictures. :)

Images are copyright 2007 SatelliteGuys.US- Use of images without permission of SatelliteGuys.US is prohibited.

Attachments

• passion10.JPG
    passion10.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 788
  • passion11.JPG
    passion11.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 842
  • passion12.JPG
    passion12.JPG
    149.8 KB · Views: 768
  • passion13.JPG
    passion13.JPG
    206.2 KB · Views: 946
  • passion14.JPG
    passion14.JPG
    181 KB · Views: 770
Wonder how many pints of blood I'm gonna have to sell to get this one??
Looks good!
grusome

That will look right at home in the cabinet with the Tivo Series 3 (similar case design).

Here's praying for a MSRP I can afford to impulse buy ;).

Iceberg will the new fortec passion do 4.22?
The fist post says it will :D

It isn't a huge deal, but it would be a nice touch if it would decode AC3 audio and down convert to 2 ch stereo on board like most non-fta (D* / E* / Cable / etc) boxes do.

It isn't a huge deal, but it would be a nice touch if it would decode AC3 audio and down convert to 2 ch stereo on board like most non-fta (D* / E* / Cable / etc) boxes do.
It hadn't occurred to me 'till you put it this way, but it really IS a big deal, and I fully expect such a sophisticated box will do it!

Ther are good few 4.2.2 feeds and are free. The reason they are not found is that all the receivers in the US market either cannot even display the pixelated video, the screen is just black.
My Manhatten Plaza ST 550 will display 4.2.2 but pixelated and pass audio from a blind scan, so I am 99% shure it is 4.2.2
Mostly all the major live sports from the satellite trucks are 4.2.2 at least from myfriends satellite trucks in NY.

Jimmy

Ther are good few 4.2.2 feeds and are free. The reason they are not found is that all the receivers in the US market either cannot even display the pixelated video, the screen is just black.
My Manhatten Plaza ST 550 will display 4.2.2 but pixelated and pass audio from a blind scan, so I am 99% shure it is 4.2.2
Mostly all the major live sports from the satellite trucks are 4.2.2 at least from myfriends satellite trucks in NY.

Jimmy

Don't forget about PC DVB devices and the QualiTV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)