Fortec/Stab HH90 woes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RtpiFan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 30, 2005
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
I am installing an HH90 for a friend is TS is SBS6 74w and seem track the arc okay when the receiver is on the roof next to the dish.
Now we go in to house and connect pansat 2700a back up and we can track from 74W to 97west but anything after just send hh90 back to the reference position.
Now what even strange is that it does find all satellites we choose but it will hit point where it decides go back to refefrence.
Now the cable runs is about 200feet and their no way of making any shorter then that.
Seeing as seem to operate correctly on roof with about 10-15ft run.
What whould be possible solutions to our problems.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

RtpiFan

You might consider using a higher quality coax cable. If you are using standard RG6, the DiSEqC control signals may not be reliably reaching the motor. A quad shield RG6 or RG11 cable may be necessary.

I'm surprised you have trouble

I was going to bring this up in another thread where the user was concerned about running a motor at a long distance (200 ft).
Aren't there two kinds of coax: one with steel core that's coper clad, and another with solid core?
Someone should look up the resistance per 100 feet of those, and see how it matters.
I'm assuming the quad shielded would give you lower resistance through the shield.
Anyway you slice it, if you use quality cable as SatAV recommended, you're off to a much better start. :)

In another thread around here, there was discussion for a mod to the motor (?) to get power to it more reliably at long distances.
Doesn't really sound like something you'd want to explore as a first solution.

Can you tell us if that 200 foot run is un-spliced, un-molested, not made up of cable already in his walls, and not cable TV material?
I'd be tempted to get another 200 foot run, put on proper compression connectors (!), and hook it between the receiver and the dish.
No real need to uncoil the cable - just put the receiver back on the roof or in the back yard.

Try his existing cable run with your receiver.
I'll put $20 on crappy connectors... :rolleyes:

I have a similar situation with my Stab HH90 motor. When I tell the dish to move to a satellite using the vertical transponder, it either doesn't work or gives wierd results. In order to get the dish to move properly, I need to tell the dish to move to a satellite using a Horizontal transponder, which I understand sends out 18 volts instead of 13 volts.

After reading Anole's post I'm going to put new connectors on my cable runs, and bypass the wall jack that I have installed. I bet that I've got an issue with one of my connectors or the coupling (wall jack). I first thought that maybe it was my receiver, but 2 other receivers act the same, I definately have a wiring issue. My cable run is approx 70 feet using direct burial grade RG6 (that was obtained from a cable company employee :) )

The cable on is RCA RG6 not greatest but until hh90 was added he had no problems with G-25 or G10R.
I will try your suggestion when wheater clears up.

Thanks,

RtpiFan :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)