Fortec Star Dishes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bloomdog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
My Channel Master 1.2 M dish is too difficult to mount on my DisEqc 1.2 motor (Jaeger SuperJack DG 120 +), soooo, I am looking for a new dish.
1. Any comments on the Fortec Star .9M-1.2M dishes?
2. Will they mount easliy to my motor (the motor does not have any holes in the shaft)?
3. How is their gan compared to the CM 1.2M?
4. Any other suggestions on dishes to match the motor?
Thanks to all!
:D

I have a GS120 Motor with a 55mm pole (No holes in it) which is similar to your motor and I am using a GEOSATpro 1.2 Meter Offset Dish Antenna.

If you get a Fortec Star dish make sure to get one with a U-Bolt Mount Bracket.

If you have used a 1.2 Meter dish you will not like the signal from a smaller dish.

The gain for the dishes by their specifications are the following.

The Fortec Star 1.2 Meter is 43 dB.
The GEOSATpro 1.2 Meter is also 43 dB.
The Channel Master 1.2 Meter is 42 dB. (They might be rounding down or have less aperture efficiency)
Fortec Star 100 Centimeter is 41 dB.
Fortec Star 90 Centimeter is 39 dB.

A change of 3 dB (Decibels) is twice the gain. So a 1.2 Meter dish will pick up twice the signal as a 90 Centimeter dish.

Take a look at the literature concerning the mounting bracket for where the dish attaches to the pole (or motor shaft).
The Fortec in that size seems to be somewhat difficult to adjust for elevation.
So much so, that one of the member did a serious mod to add a screw adjustment to it.
If you'll look at the GeoSatPro, you'll see that it has that elevation screw adjuster built-in.
This only applies to the 1.2's , so all bets are off on other sizes.

I don't have either, but I know which I'd buy if I wanted one.
Think they're the same price.

So, . . . where are you and your CM 1.2 located... :cool:
I sure would like one. . .

Thanks Anole for bringing up the elevation screw adjuster, from experience it makes fine tuning the dish very helpful. Also I can pick up some C-Band with the 1.2 Meter, if you go with anything smaller you will have no chance.

My 36" dish without the elevation screw adjuster is much harder to align.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)