Fortec Star

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

deaner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
Wiggins, MS
To wire up the Fortec Star to operate the actuator--the same dish wire operates the actuator. Please explain how this will operate and how the voltage wires are attached. I just do not have a grasb on this and I may go this way has my other boxes will not work proper. Needless to say I have run into more problems so I will need to change my approach. thANKS

If you are tlking about a motor for a Ku band dish - such as a 31", etc, the coax cable carries the voltage that is needed to operate it. So you just need the one cable run to your dish/motor setup.

It goes like this: receiver ---- motor ---- lnb

If you are using an old C-Band actuator, you cannot hook that up directly to the receiver. You need the VBox III or something compatible.

The Fortec Star will not operate an actuator without using a V-Box or simular device (if there is a simular device?). A V-Box will translate the actuators counts into 1.2 commands so the Fortec will know what it's saying, then the actuator will know when and where to stop. It's all about communication and the V-Box makes an excellent translator.

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)