Fortec Ultra Lifetime Sat out plug

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

JoelA

Original poster
Sep 12, 2005
What does the "sat-out" plug on the rear of the receiver do? The manual is pretty light on this. If I hook up another receiver to this system, will there be any conflict using the dish if the second rcvr chooses a bird different from the first receiver?
I have a Fortec Ultra Lifetime receiver, SG-2100 motor, 30" dish.
By the way, great forum guys!

The sat out will allow you to have 2 receivers on the same satellite…only drawback is the “slaved unit” the receiver using the sat out/loop out can only have the same satellite/polarity as the main

Works fine for an analog receiver to be slaved or a single dish setup like IA5 or G10 where most of the transponders are the same polarity

In my experience, when you hook up a second receiver to the Sat Out on the Fortec, one of the following three things happen:

1) Fortec is on and tuned to a channel:
2nd Receiver will only receive transponders with the same polarity from the same sat. DiSEqC and motor commands won't pass through the Fortec either.

2) Fortec is in "Standby" mode; clock is showing:
2nd Receiver has full control over the dish and LNB, just as if the Fortec wasn't there. Motor and DiSEqC work as well.

3) Fortec is off (switch on back is off or Fortec is unplugged)
2nd Receiver will not receive or control anything.

Hope this helps!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)