Fortec Ultra

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

MrMylesG

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 19, 2004
Perry Hall, MD
Wow, I never had so much fun watching TV. I have had my Fortec Ultra for a couple of days and now that the weather has cleared a bit, I can punch through some of the cloud cover.

The receiver is a joy to use. Last night I was looking at some news feeds of some reporters covering the storm, Ivan in Marathon Florida. One female reporter was practicing her lines and adjusting her blouse. One guy was busy scratching his nose and cleaning his ear. So that's what the people do when they are not in front of an audience!

We have more bad weather on the way. Thunderstorms this weekend and Ivan next week. Geesh, never ending. Three hurricanes in one month!

Keep ya posted.

MrM

I was watching a feed the other night and before they went "live" (to the public), the lady told someone
"Would you tell those f**king kids to quit running in the camera shot!

Myles...its a fun hobby. You never know what you'll get :)

Live feeds

This is better than "America's Funniest Home Videos". Who would have thought it was this much fun watching "real" TV. Ha ha.

On a serious note, it should get very interesting when the hurricane comes closer.

Later Guys!

MrM

When Frances came, there was a reporter who said to the cameraman

"I wish they would hurry up. These winds are ruining my hair"

Now she said this when she was on the coast, wearing a rianjacket with the hood up, and hurrricane winds and rain....and she was worried about her hair???

Is there a specific satellite that the news feeds generally broadcast on, or do the satellites vary? If there's a specific one, that's the first one I'm checking out when my Pansat comes in!

IA6 (Telstar 6) 93W. is one of the busiest I would stop there first and do a blind scan, its always my first scan of the day. Then SBS6 74W. and G11 91W. are worth a scan too.

PSB said:
IA6 (Telstar 6) 93W. is one of the busiest I would stop there first and do a blind scan, its always my first scan of the day. Then SBS6 74W. and G11 91W. are worth a scan too.

As soon as my Pansat comes in, I'm checking that one out!

I've been hooked for the last two weeks ever since I got it all set up. This is my kind of reality TV, screw all that "let's swap this or that with each other, go through all these disgusting stunts, vote everyone off, film meaningless arguments and 'high tension' situations with each other while doing some project, throw in as many reaction shots as possible, etc." stuff.

I'd much rather be watching my "raw, behind the scenes, reporter and crew shootin' the sh*t, random stuff happening, etc." stuff. :) Sure, it's not primetime ratings grabbing full force consumer promotional campaign keep-everyone-guessing-until-next-week, but, I like it.

It actually reminds me so much of when I was little, running my dad's police scanners to pick up blits and blurbs of the "action on the streets" from police, fire, ambulance, aircraft & towers, fast food drive throughs, and (as I once had this friend, yeah, :rolleyes: ) occasional old-style 40MHz cordless phone conversations. FTA is a much more sophisticated, high-tech, fulfilling version of that. :yes

Bear with me because I am new to FTA but how an you pick up these raw feeds without doing a blind scan....or am I S.O.L.

Kikar said:
Bear with me because I am new to FTA but how an you pick up these raw feeds without doing a blind scan....or am I S.O.L.

That's real tough to do without a search, because they change constantly.

Sporting events do the same thing. I was watching a game on Comcast Sports South at (an example) 12081 V 6.111 Then later in the day, they had a second game at the same coordintes, but different PIDS. So I had to rescan to get the 2nd game :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)