Forums suggestion

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

steve615

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jan 6, 2006
TN
I was looking through the forums a few minutes ago and started thinking about a possible new forum for the site.I wondered what the possibilities would be to open a new forum solely for the IPTV format.It is well on its way to becoming a reality in the near future in my area (middle TN) via our local telephone co-operative (late summer of this year) :D and I imagine that there are several other locations/areas across the U.S. that are in the process of getting this new technology up and running.I just wanted to post my thought about this in here and see what everyone thinks about the idea.Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions and keep up the good work.:up :)

We are working on this now. :)

We are planning on launching it at the same time IPTV provider ITVN launches a bunch of new services which should be soon. I have actually been working on this with Fabian of ITVN for awhile now.

In my opinion IPTV is the FUTURE of television!

Fantastic news Scott,thanks for the reply.:) I agree,IPTV seems to be the next "big thing" to come for television service.I had a talk with our phone co-op here this afternoon.They said that it looks like we will start getting IPTV service late summer of this year,not end of this year as they originally announced to customers in this area.I'm ready for it,for sure.:hungry: :up :)

2006 Satellite Expo

Scott,I've been thinking about more forums once again.:eek: Any plans to open a forum for the upcoming Satellite Expo in Atlanta? :)

In their quest to pull itself from the throes of a decaying voice business, telcos have one major hope: IPTV (Internet protocol Television). The technology promises to transform television, and in the process re-energize telcos by reducing customer churn and introducing new revenue streams. Yet, IPTV is as uncertain as it is tantalizing, and making it work will be as complex as the end-user experience it promises will be easy.

This report examines the IPTV business model for telcos, analyzing adequate market and technology conditions, the experiences of a number of carriers that have launched the service, some that are planning to do so, and competitive reactions to IPTV. We ask – and provide answers to- the following questions:

Is IPTV ready?
Will IPTV save telcos?
What are the economics?
What is the successful IPTV value proposition?
How will cable and satellite respond to IPTV?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Included in the report are 10 IPTV Case Studies of carriers that have launched or have solid plans for IPTV. The carriers analyzed are:

Free Telecom
Telefonica de Espana
PCCW
Chunghwa Telecom
France Telecom
Yahoo! BB
Fastweb
Comcast
Verizon
DirecTV Use this analysis to track industry best practices, identify the best IPTV solutions and determine market trends.

steve615 said:
Scott,I've been thinking about more forums once again.:eek: Any plans to open a forum for the upcoming Satellite Expo in Atlanta? :)
Well,one week before the Expo begins in Atlanta and no responses about a possible forum for this.How about it Scott,yes or no? :)

korsjs said:
he opened one last year.
For this upcoming Satellite Expo in Atlanta?I knew there was one open for the CES show in Vegas.I haven't seen one for the Expo.

Yes we will be doing it again this year. I am really looking forward to the Expo! It is great speaking with some of the BEST in the Satellite industry.

Thanks for the reply Scott,that is good news indeed.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)