Found a way to view DA on any hd tv with an hdmi port

dwarren2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
Rochester, NY Region
I've tried various ways but finally found one that works. I got an Iview-100MD dongle and an Iview-788TPC tablet. The tablet can mirror what ever is on the screen to the dongle and onto the TV. Total cost was about $100 from Newegg. The dongle is plugged into an hdmi port and get it's power from either the tv's usb port or any usb charging device. See this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hTtw1MSxtk

I noticed there is a bit of delay from the device to the TV. Shouldn't really matter if you're just watching the TV though.

My anticipated use is when I travel. If I'm at a hotel, I'm not stuck with their limited cable offerings. Also, we spend 2 weeks at the wife's family's house on Nantucket for 2 weeks. With this set up, I'm not limited to Comcrap with no dvr.
This tablet also has a mini hdmi out. I've ordered a cable from Monoprice. I'll see if it can do a direct connect to an hdmi port on a tv.

Nook HD+ will also work with it's (separate) HDMI adapter. The charging cable plugs into it so battery life isn't an issue. Costs a little more than OP, but if you already have one, watch for the adapter to go on sale.

Went back and looked at that. Have you ever used one yourself? Besides the cost of the stick, you need to get a wireless mouse and keyboard. And I tried the WD Media player and the app that says Sling Player is looking for a Slingbox not DA.
I still think the Iveiw is a better option.

I got the Iview dongle first. I could not figure out how to mirror my Samsung Note 2.0 to it. I called the company but they were no help. So I ordered an Iview tablet and then I discovered it had the mini hdmi port. It owrks with the dingle and I've ordered the cable from Monoprice.
So I'm set.

Went back and looked at that. Have you ever used one yourself? Besides the cost of the stick, you need to get a wireless mouse and keyboard. And I tried the WD Media player and the app that says Sling Player is looking for a Slingbox not DA.

yes. any BT mouse and/or keyboard will work with this. you cannot compare this with the like of iview, chromecast, etc....

if you already have a laptop, you can just connect that to a tv too.

Ive use one for a year...works great...I have a dual core processer....they have quad cores out now...Im thinking of upgrading...There are some great Bluetooth keyboards that are the smaller than remotes.....turns any dumb TV into a smart TV! all you need is a spare hdmi in, and the power cord ....

As they say, there is more than 1 way to skin a cat. I just wanted something that works. The cost to me was about $100. TheIview tablet is basically just to mirror DA to a TV. My main working tablet is a Samsung.

As they say, there is more than 1 way to skin a cat. I just wanted something that works. The cost to me was about $100. TheIview tablet is basically just to mirror DA to a TV. My main working tablet is a Samsung.

Yep totally....$50 bucks for TV stick and any Bluetooth controller $16 to $30...and lots of great hakes to improve it and have latest android software...free

Interesting option. About 50 bucks more than I paid to do basically the same. Android minicomputer stitch with hdmi cable with WiFi and Bluetooth adapter capability. Useing a mini blue tooth keyboard it steams DA to my tv. Just need power for the stick. I use it when travelling to hotels.

My wife and I used a laptop to do the same thing once. Hdmi out from laptop to tv.

Like someone else said. Lots of ways to skin a cat.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I'd like to hear PQ comments from folks using it on TVs of 32" or more.

And has anyone used the Hopper Transfer function to a tablet/etc and then watched on a larger TV? Since the transfer cuts the resolution for the target, I'm wondering just how bad scaling it back up it would be.

I'd like to hear PQ comments from folks using it on TVs of 32" or more.

And has anyone used the Hopper Transfer function to a tablet/etc and then watched on a larger TV? Since the transfer cuts the resolution for the target, I'm wondering just how bad scaling it back up it would be.

I use a 55 inch with a dual core TV stick...picture is very good... Go quad core with 5mg up and 10ish down... as good as any computer or tablet....and the space used....1/10 of ANY tablet..And does anything a tablet can do...Its the guts without the screen...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts