Found another Birdview, a solid one

Status
Please reply by conversation.
ok , I lost the feeder support arms , so I have to modify it somehow , that's why I asked the distance.

Dish last used in 1990 , left it with the house when we moved , current owners didn't appreciate it much , a couple years passed and it was facing straight up filled with soil and a little garden :(

I've had a motorized 90 cm Fortec dish dish for just over a year , but last summer My brother was passing by the old house and coincidentally the dish was left in the alley , he brought it back and I just shrugged , I wish they would have left the support arms , it would've been so much easier, it needs some work but it is a Solid Spunned Aluminum Dish and I believe a Good Dish .

My minds been working on a modification , I have all sorts of ideas including bending conduit into a support for the feeder.

I had my brother measure the distance from the center hole to the front of the Birdview scaler ring, he said it was 39.5 inches. I would have to remove a support
rod to get a mesurment of their length, I can't do that right now but I could ask my brother the next time he is around if you need that measurement.

I had my brother measure the distance from the center hole to the front of the Birdview scaler ring, he said it was 39.5 inches. I would have to remove a support
rod to get a mesurment of their length, I can't do that right now but I could ask my brother the next time he is around if you need that measurement.

Thank You , that's good , with that measurement alone I have a good start figure and the rest is basicallly trial and error I hope I can pull something in , I'm thinking of buying the frugal BSC-???? C/Ku all in one LNB , and seeing what I can get , who knows maybe I'll even try pointing it at a bird while it's leaning up against my garage before I throw it on a pole.

Wayn23 ... Thanks again for taking the time to measure the distance , Thanks to your brother too............

I have a BSC-621-2 LNBF on my Orbitron 10' mesh dish, it works pretty well but that dish blows around too much in the wind. One of these days I will try and tighten up the pivot points on it. I would be better off just replacing the Orbitron with a better dish though. The Birdview is a far better dish it is stable even in pretty heavy winds.

I'm thinking of buying the frugal BSC-???? C/Ku all in one LNB , and seeing what I can get
Why don't you beat on some people for a review of that other brand, too.
It'd be nice to have a choice between two C/Ku LNBFs.
SatAV told me it's not made at the same factory, so it's not like just two different labels on the same product.
They are actually different.

Hey Everyone,

I talked to the owner of the property where the Birdview solid I found earlier in this thread about whether he had come up with a decision. It has been over a month since I last spoke to him.

He asked when I would be ready to come and get it. I told him that I could probably round up my guys and get it by Saturday.

His response was, "I won't have a decision by then, I have your number, and I will call you when I am interested".

It appears he is in no hurry to get rid of the dish, or clean up the property. I drove by there Sunday in preparation for the call to see if he had done anything towards cleanup like he said he was going to. He has done very little if anything towards cleanup.

I think basically he is one of those guys with more money than brains, and would rather sit on something in the hopes that it will make money than pro-actively do anything to promote it.

I am going to keep it in the back of my mind and check on the property every 30 days or so. I fully anticipate seeing it change hands within a year.

Then I'll be ready to get the dish. :D

Fred

Hey Everyone,

I talked to the owner of the property where the Birdview solid I found earlier in this thread about whether he had come up with a decision. It has been over a month since I last spoke to him.

He asked when I would be ready to come and get it. I told him that I could probably round up my guys and get it by Saturday.

His response was, "I won't have a decision by then, I have your number, and I will call you when I am interested".

It appears he is in no hurry to get rid of the dish, or clean up the property. I drove by there Sunday in preparation for the call to see if he had done anything towards cleanup like he said he was going to. He has done very little if anything towards cleanup.

I think basically he is one of those guys with more money than brains, and would rather sit on something in the hopes that it will make money than pro-actively do anything to promote it.

I am going to keep it in the back of my mind and check on the property every 30 days or so. I fully anticipate seeing it change hands within a year.

Then I'll be ready to get the dish. :D

Fred

That is the tricky kind of guys that plays his own play and catch game in hope he can get some more money out of it or til you get desperate and give him an offer he can not refuse :D

That is the tricky kind of guys that plays his own play and catch game in hope he can get some more money out of it or til you get desperate and give him an offer he can not refuse.

That's what he is doing for sure.

The part he doesn't know is that I am not desperate for it. I have all the time in the world right now. That may change if something were to go wrong with mine, but not yet.

I'll play his game for a while. :D

Fred

Maybe you should just turn the tables on him.
Give him your card, and tell him to give you a ring when he's interested.
And do not call him again.

Well yes, desperate people do desperate things!

Circumstances sometimes change our attitudes and our strategies!!

Fred
Yeah that kinda reminds me of my situation with the perf. Birdview I've been waiting on. Nobody in the family seems to want it...yet they cant seem to pull the trigger by saying "take it". I'll wait some more. ;) I did come across a first today. A Birdview solid with actuator arm.

The total stands: 6 solid, 1 perferated.
The perferated are indeed an illusive target.

Attachments

• 100_0355.jpg
    100_0355.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 169
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)