found place for mounting dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

spacebug42

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 22, 2009
Woodland, CA
I'm sorry that I haven't been at this site for a while, but I've been busy with completing the living room makeover. I've got power set up for the home theater and projection screen system and operating, most of the cables are in place, and the recessed lighting is about finished.

Some of you had suggested to me to mount my FTA dish on a seperate pole. I'm in the process of laying out my Ham Radio antenna farm and am thinking that the FTA dish will be better off being mounted on a pole - not just for ease of servicing, but also to minimize the possibility of introducing any interference when I'm transmitting on ham radio. I decided that the bare area in the back yard is the best place to mount the dish. I'm not quite ready to buy and install a BUD, but I am wondering if it will be practical to install a 3" post now and still use my 36" KU motorized dish on it until I'm ready to get the BUD. Will the existing mounting hardware work with a 3" post or will I need an adapter to make the dish fit on a 3" post? If there is such an adapter for a Fortec dish, could someone guide me to the right place to get it? One more question - What is the minimum height do I need to mount the dish? I had it previously about 17 feet off the ground, but I think the main goal is to clear any overhead obstructions or trees. The new post location appears that it might overcome the previous problem with the neighbors' trees. What other advice and suggestions can anyone give me?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts