madmadworld

Official TV Watcher
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 7, 2006
up on the roof in SinCity
hi guys
found this dish.never seen one like it ,
shes 13' and the mesh is at least 4 times the thickness of any panels I've ever seen. note how the ends are rolled.
the holes are pretty big. worrisome
any idea what it is ?
here are the pic's
thanks for reading
1photo.JPG2photo.JPGphoto.JPG

I think the weight would be manageable. No clue as to the exact pounds, but think without mount somewhere around 100-150lbs without the mount hardware. Mount, probably another 100(?)
The size is what will require the most planning. Nice looking dish, make it yours. (don't forget the pole)

Reactions: madmadworld
got her home

got her home
guess the dish at 120 lb backing ring 65+ lb mount 30+ lb
split dish into 2 pieces hauled home on 2 pick-up trucks and the rest in another pick-up truck.
done with my buddy and our Wifes we have great Wifes
but putting this baby back up wll take 4 men or a boom truck.

the strange part was the pole.
after the mount was off we found a pole inside the pole and the outside pole moved.(noted some play in the dish
when i first seen it and meant to check it out but was in a rush once we got there and did not check it out. this was the play i bet. )
outside pole was rusted bad at the bottom and my buddy and wifes chipped away at it as i unbolted the dish.
told them to just cut them both and went on my way never thinking the rust was that bad but it was and they got it loose.
yet it was so heavy we could not get it over the inter pole so we trapped it with a hammer and cut the inside pole.
for a little more strange the inside pole is 4'' id and the outside pole is 5''id go figure. at first was thinking it was
a upgrade from a 8' or 10' dish and the inside pole was 3'' id.
it will be a few months before it goes back up way to hot here now. will update then.

Some dishes had a leveling technique, where you install a reasonably vertical pole...
Then drop a larger pole with the dish, over the smaller one.
If I remember, the big 10' dish Stogie had, was made that way...(?)
I think the trick was, you have screws at the bottom of the outside pole to fine tune it to be perfectly vertical.
The inner one isn't so critical, and if over time, it moves, you can still adjust.
You might look and see if that was used on yours.
Or, as you say, maybe someone just slipped a bigger pole over an existing one, as an upgrade to take a dish with a bigger mount.
Let us know (with pix) when you get down to it. ;)

Reactions: madmadworld
Some dishes had a leveling technique, where you install a reasonably vertical pole...
Then drop a larger pole with the dish, over the smaller one.
If I remember, the big 10' dish Stogie had, was made that way...(?)
I think the trick was, you have screws at the bottom of the outside pole to fine tune it to be perfectly vertical.
The inner one isn't so critical, and if over time, it moves, you can still adjust.
You might look and see if that was used on yours.
Or, as you say, maybe someone just slipped a bigger pole over an existing one, as an upgrade to take a dish with a bigger mount.
Let us know (with pix) when you get down to it. ;)
it was so rusted away at bottom seen nothing.
wife said there might have been some kinda rubber ring down there.
will be a lot of pix's on this install......... fun to @party

Found any ID on it yet? Looks to be a DH dish with the rolled edge & butt welded panels(?)
Very nice dish! Great score!
no
from what Anole said in :hatsoff:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/c-band-satellite-discussion/286176-help-identifying-c-band-dish.html

called it a 13'BV/DH perf :eureka

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts