Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
As you might have noticed when SiriusXM changed their online stream the stream quality dropped from 128k to 64k.

But I have found a way to listen again to the 128k stream (which is actually showing at 129k on my Windows Media Player)

Thr Program is XM Tuner XMTuner :: Sirius|XM Satelite Radio on your media player when you set it up you can configure it to play the 128k stream.

Then once you have it setup you can from your computer go to http://localhost:19081/ and listen to XM on your PC and other in hour house can connect to the ip address of your PC plus the port number of 19081 at the end and they can listen to XM as well!

Great program and the sound is great too!

Yeah, it works good, and the interface is fast and simple and a whole lot better than the new player. I'm not a premium internet subscriber and it's still showing up as 129Kb, cool.

Interesting to know. I don't listen to anything online except for channels 100, 101 and 197, so I didn't notice any difference in quality with the new player.

Nice find. I might install this onto my Windows Home Server. I think if you combine this with TVersity, you can stream XM/Sirius to your Roku player.

Programs like this actually spit out the stream in its original Windows Media ASF format, which the Roku still cannot play natively on present firmware. Not a bad thing entirely though. You can actually use TVersity all by itself (without a streaming program such as this) to provide the transcoded-on-the-fly stream to the Roku device that it needs to play correctly. The latest Roku Sirius XM channel also adds support for Orb in addition to TVersity, for people who prefer one over another.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts