"Founded no transponders"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GutBomb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 17, 2004
Denver, CO, USA
I've had my Winegard 76cm dish up for quite some time but haven't really moved it around much (until last night)

i went out looking for feeds at about 4:45 PM local time, hoping to at least find a few things.

So i went outside armed with my signal meter, a compass, a piece of paper listing what i wanted to find, elevations, azimuths, skews, etc...

so i start rotating the dish with my signal meter attached and i get a GREAT signal where SBS6 should be so i disconnect the meter hook it back up to the pansat, then go and do a "Smart Search" it comes back immediately saying "Founded No Transponders". aside from the chuckle on the improper english, i was stumped. why would i be getting such a great signal from my signal meter but not find any transponders? this happened a few times on a few birds.

i did find some stuff (man AMC2 and AMC4 are RIGHT next to each other. one milimeter or less of a turn of the dish and i'm getting the wrong one) and it scanned ok. i was just stumped by the ones that came up so strong on the signal meter but didn;t give me anything on the smart search

my thought is that i was not actually pointed at sbs6 but at something else, but it was the only thing in the general area that made my signal meter chirp and even though it was not sbs6 i should have at least picked up one transponder on the smart search shouldn't i?

Sometimes when I do a smart scan it does that..say "no transponders found" but it really didnt do anything

I just cuss at it and do it again and then it works :)

yeah that's what it was like. immediately came up "no transponders founded"

i'll try cussing next time. man, i need a motor. USALS would be much better at finding the birds than my signal meter/compass

Plus the signal meters tend to follow the strongest signal so if there is a DBS bird close by forget the meter! Use the TV if you can.

just got home and scanned a bird. it said "0 transponders founded" then i said "$@!#" and tried it again and it worked. cool feature, that :)

GutBomb said:
just got home and scanned a bird. it said "0 transponders founded" then i said "$@!#" and tried it again and it worked. cool feature, that :)

maybe I should patent that :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)