Four more HD local markets added... again!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Newshawk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 3, 2004
OK
It's April 4th, and just after midnight, directv.com has the HD channel listings for the next four markets to be lit up. However, all four markets are missing one station. Albuquerque is missing the LIN-owned CBS affiliate KRQE 13 (as expected), Buffalo is missing the (again) LIN-owned CBS affiliate WIVB 4, New Orleans is missing the Emmis-owned FOX affiliate WVUE 8 and Tulsa is missing the Griffin-owned CBS affiliate KOTV 6. All that's left now is the reception reports.

Last edited:
Hey, staff, WAKE UP! This is Front Page News! Don't miss posting it like you did last week when the other 4 lit up.

Yes- four more markets are now up, bringing the total from 49 at the end of last year to 57 now.

And representing 70% of U.S. households. And I was told that I would get some early info on the next round of HD lils - and they will be coming SOON.

Well - my two cents. First Beta market of HD locals (Detroit) October 20th, 2005. Rollout began November 2005. 70% of U.S. Households can have access to HD lils now thru DirecTV. 18 more markets expected this year.

I'd say "GREAT WORK".

BTW - how is the other satellite company doing in this regard? I believe they began launching in January of 2006 (only 2 months after DirecTV). How many markets do they have on now, and what percentage of the U.S. Households have these MOST IMPORTANT channels in HD?

Its up now.

If you see something that we dont have yet let us know. :) I dont read the DirecTV area often as I don't have DirecTV.

As far as Dish and baseball, talks are continuing. :D

DIRECTV Delivers Local HD Programming to Four New MarketsMEDIA ADVISORY
April 4, 2007
Local Channels in HD are Now Available to DIRECTV Customers in 57 Markets Representing More Than 69 Percent of U.S. TV Households
WHAT: DIRECTV, Inc., the nation's leading satellite television service provider, is now delivering local HD programming to customers in Albuquerque, N.M., Buffalo, N.Y., New Orleans and Tulsa, Okla. DIRECTV now offers local HD broadcast channels in 57 cities, representing more than 69 percent of U.S. TV households.
DIRECTV's local HD channel rollout is part of an aggressive nationwide expansion of HD programming that includes plans to offer local HD channels in up to 75 markets and up to 100 national channels by year end. When DIRECTV's capacity expansion is completed next year, it will offer more than 1,500 local HD channels and more than 150 national HD channels, establishing DIRECTV as the nation's leading provider of HD programming.
WHEN: Beginning today, Wednesday, April 4, 2007
HOW: To receive DIRECTV's local HD programming, customers must have an H20 HD receiver or an HR20 DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR and a Ka/Ku band dish. DIRECTV is offering new customers a $100 mail-in rebate on all DIRECTV HD and HDDVR receivers. Existing HD customers can upgrade their old HD receiver and dish for $99 per receiver, or upgrade to an HR20 for $299.
Source: DIRECTV, Inc.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)