Four networks on conus?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fgsilva

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
Vallejo, CA
So, with dish net If I "move" to chicaco or NY I get the four major HD networks because for those locations they are conus. In the past when I had DTV I also "moved" to an area with no HD yet so I qualified for the East HD feed; downside was that I had to pay an extra $1.50/channel.
To the point, does DTV have any of the local channels for east coast in conus or are they all spot beam? I'm on the west coast but I like being able to watch shows 3 hours ahead of time! :D

thanks!

If you qualify, the NYC big 4 are still CONUS; as they (and the LA versions) are used for national DNS services.

Thanks. Yeah, I know how to qualify by "moving" to an address without locals. But, as I said above I end up having to pay extra for them. I was wondering if there was a way where I can move and not have to pay extra for the channels.

If you qualify, the NYC big 4 are still CONUS; as they (and the LA versions) are used for national DNS services.

"I think" you would need to move to an area that has no Grade-A or Grade-B network reception listed for that zip code; but you would also lose any RSN services correct?

I am not sure moving into the NYC zip code would have the best results, as I think you would be expected to be receiving the MPEG4 spot beam signal right? Which if so, you obviously can't do.

I don't know what RSN is but I think it's something to do with sports, right, so I don't really care about it. Last time I "moved" to zip 04945-2941 in ME which still qualifies for DN. But that was a bit of a hassle to do and it took me a couple of phone calls to finallly have the DN set up. with dish the "move" has been much easier since they have chicago and NY on CONUS. that's the one thing I'll miss with them...

"I think" you would need to move to an area that has no Grade-A or Grade-B network reception listed for that zip code; but you would also lose any RSN services correct?

I am not sure moving into the NYC zip code would have the best results, as I think you would be expected to be receiving the MPEG4 spot beam signal right? Which if so, you obviously can't do.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts