Fox Fort Wayne

They haven't reached an agreement yet. Since I can get the Fort Wayne stations via our TV antenna, I made it easy on myself and bought the OTA module for our 722K DVR. The season opener of Cops recorded just fine. Now if I could just get the Lima, OH stations schedules to populate in the program guide....

for some reason DIsh doesn't have all the Lima guide data for OTA. These are the only ones that have

27-01 WBGU
27-02 WBGU2
27-03 WBGU3
27-04 WBGU4
44-01 WTLW

An OTA antenna should be an excellent option for folks in Ft. Wayne. First I would try a cheap rabbit ears type for around $20. If they don't work just return them. Any roof top or attic mounted antenna should work great. If you don't have a 722/722K you really need to get one. If the antenna works then you open a whole new world of recording options. Just imagine being able to record 4 channels at the same time. I have heard that lake residents around Ft. Wayne have had good results with antennas. Once you include OTA in your DVR system you'll really be glad you did.

"Move" to Indianapolis. You will have FOX in HD. You will not have FOX in HD OTA or when dish decides to add it. Use OTA for anything local you want.

"Move" to Indianapolis. You will have FOX in HD. You will not have FOX in HD OTA or when dish decides to add it. Use OTA for anything local you want.

Fort Wayne's Fox OTA 33.2 is broadcast in 720p. It used to just be standard definition before it became Fox. They said they had to move the weather channel 33.3 to 21.3 to make room for two HD channels at 33. Both 33.1 and 33.2 are 720p.

As best I can remember, 15.1 (CBS), 39.1 (PBS), and 55.1 (formerly Fox) are 1080i; 21.1, 33.1, 33.2 are 720p, and all the rest are 480i.

We've got to upgrade to a 722K with OTA module. I am too dependent on the DVR. I watched Dancing with the Stars and Castle last night on OTA 720p HD and kept wanting to hit pause.

subchannel on ABC...480i

you have to remember Granite owns the NBC and "owns" the ABC. SO they have 4 nets on 2 stations. The reason I say "owns" is Malara Broadcasting (a shell company) bought the ABC in Ft Wayne and the CBS in Duluth and turned around and told Granite "have fun running it."

They do the same in Duluth, MN. Own NBC (and subchannel My), "owns" CBS and subchannel CW. Than k goodness you arent in the Northern part of the Duluth market. Granite owns one station (KRII NBC) and they cram all 4 stations on one station (NBC on 1, CW on 2, CBS on 3 and My on 9)

I think we get WPIX out of New York on Dish for the CW. Is 21.2 CW?

per wiki yeah its 21.2

There are markets that get both. Duluth ironically is one now. They had WPIX as the WB and then CW for years now and recently they added KDLH-DT2 in SD but its widescreen. Looks weird to tune to a SD local channel and see black bars

Sorry, didn't list all the sub-channels, but it's not HD, I don't watch it.
All 480i
15.2 currently color bars (was CoolTv)
15.3 radar
21.2 CW
21.3 Radar (16:9)
39.2 .3 .4 all PBS subs that I don't watch.

Sorry, didn't list all the sub-channels, but it's not HD, I don't watch it.
All 480i
15.2 currently color bars (was CoolTv)
15.3 radar
21.2 CW
21.3 Radar (16:9)
39.2 .3 .4 all PBS subs that I don't watch.

39.2 has kids shows on all the time. Where was this station 15 years ago when my daughter couldn't get enough of Arthur?
39.3 is Create. They show reruns of the PBS home improvement shows, craft shows, painting, food, etc.
39.4 sometimes has news, sometimes has PBS talk shows, and sometimes doubles what is on 39.1.

I wish WANE would decide what to do with 15.2. I would love to see Me-TV or Antenna TV, but I heard they dropped CoolTV because of the cost. But maybe they'd actually get viewers showing classic sitcoms rather than music videos that are best forgotten.

Ft. Wayne is one of the few cities in Indiana - maybe the only city - to have FIOS. I doubt it will ever spread anywhere else in this U-verse infested state, but it's definitely a perk to living in FtW.

FYI, CW carries "Supernatural", "Vampire Diaries", Ringer, "Nikita". I would not watch them in SD either. FIOS would be an excellent option if I still lived in Ft. Wayne, but the hard drive on their DVR is pretty small, or at least it was 18 months ago. Hopefully you could install an external hard drive to solve the problem.

The FIOS here isn't all that great. It started as Verizon, then was sold to Frontier. Frontier has no desire to run a TV FIOS network and are pushing their TV subs to other services (DirecTv from what I hear). I guess they just wanted the phone and internet side of the business.

Edit:
http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/Frontier-leader-explains-FiOS-rate-hike

"Besides higher rates, the company is also giving customers incentives to switch to Direct TV."

Edit2:
Sorry for the OT post, but I'm up in Auburn, and the city of Auburn has rolled out their own fiber network and will have TV. They've joined some sort of group that can negotiate better rates. Not sure why Frontier couldn't have done the same thing.
http://www.ci.auburn.in.us/index.php/residents/auburn-essential-services/

Last edited:
Anyone know if the two sides are still talking? I read on a Fort Wayne website that the two sides have exchanged two offers apiece and each has been declined by the other. Is there a chance that Dish would add a different FOX local channel in the meantime....South Bend, Indy, etc?

because there is a Fox in the market Dish (and DIrectv for that matter) cannot import a neighboring network even if the two sides havent reached an agreement

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)