Fox HD East: American Idol Part 2 of 2: Auditions 2 at 8pm ET Tonight!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Entire Article

What a difference a year -- and "American Idol" -- can make.

As 2005 began, few people outside her hometown knew Carrie Underwood's name. Upon being declared the winner of the talent contest May 2005, Underwood joined the exclusive club that included Kelly Clarkson, Ruben Studdard and Fantasia Barrino. During the next four months, viewers' votes will determine the next member to be added. The process begins as FOX launches the fifth year of "American Idol" Tuesday, Jan. 17.

Never watched it and undecided at this point whether to record it and watch later. The only reality shows that I watch, so far, are survivor and amazing race.

I agree with korsjs. I like watching the bad ones make asses of themselves. After that. I don't watch at all. I send my wife upstairs to watch it.

Idol Debut Draws Series' Highest-Rated Opener

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Paul J. Gough, The Hollywood Reporter[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]JANUARY 18, 2006 -

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The ratings juggernaut that is American Idol had a monster season premiere Tuesday night, coming back with a vengeance to become the show's highest opener ever with more than 35 million viewers.

That propelled Fox to a historic night, its highest ratings ever for entertainment programming in total viewers and, among adults 18-49, second only to the Joe Millionaire finale on Feb. 17, 2003.

The fifth season premiere averaged 35.5 million viewers and a 15.2 rating/34 share in the adults 18-49 demographic, according to preliminary data released Wednesday by Nielsen Media Research. That was up 6 percent in total viewers and up 9% in the demo compared to last year's premiere of 33.6 million viewers and a 14.0/33. It also scored big among adults 18-34, averaging 14.7/36 compared to the 14.3/37 a year ago.
[/FONT]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts