FOX HD, Finally!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dnyce

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 28, 2004
Atlanta
This is an email I sent to my local Fox affiliate here in South Florida. You can assume that other Fox affiliates will follow the same time schedule for broadcasting HD.

Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2004 3:52 PM
To: dbermudez@wsvn.com
Subject: High Definition Question

I've been hearing that Fox will be broadcasting in HD but it is up to the local affiliates to determine whether or not they will send the signal. Will you be delivering HD to South Florida in time for the NFL season this weekend? And if so do you have a HD schedule showing all games and shows that will be broadcast in HD? Thanks a lot.

And here is the response....

Derrick

We will be broadcasting FOX Network in HD starting this week on or about Thursday. All FOX
shows will be in HD I have been told.

Thanks for your interest
John

Obviously 'all' shows won't be in HD but I'll let you guys know tomorrow if I see anything in HD at Primetime.

Once again, here's the link to Fox station's HD status. If you're curious, check this thread, if your Fox is HD and is not on the list, please alert via PM the poster of this thread so it may be updated. Thanks.

As you can see, Portland is the top DMA in the country without HD yet. :(

Hey that's great not email back and ask if they can increase their trainsmission power from a whopping 14kW to something like 700kW???????

Fox will probably be upconverting some of the SD shows, like TNTHD is doing. Also Fox did have Nascar races upconverted, which looked pretty good to me for a non HD broadcast.

Good Point so, he might be right. Everything on Fox could be up converted HD or True. And I know a lot of people complain about TNT-HD not having any true HD content. But I'll take upconverted HD over SD any day. I think TNT HD looks good. Not as good as CBS HD, which in my opinion blows everything away.

I agree dnyce. I will take an upconverted SD show anytime over just getting a SD show. I am hoping USA will go to this soon too.

Your lucky. You can atleast see your Fox channel. I have the station ID sent to my STB and get PG info, but the power for the broadcast is too low, a measly 1kilowatt, 1 imagine that! They don't plan to boost the power anytime soon, timeline I got .. sometime in the next 12 months.

You mean you guys would rather see 4:3 upconverted to 16:9 Stretch-O-Vision on TNT and FOX???? I don't mind upconverted as long as you don't stretch or distort the image ratio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)