Fox Hd In Manhattan

gluck75

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
Manhattan
Silver Sensor Advice

I live in NYC and want to see the ALCS in HD(wont be an issue tonight because I have tickets). For some reason, Direct TV pulled there HD feed to the game last night.

I have a Silver Sensor(paired to a hughes HTL-HD) which I bought so I could get Monday Night Football in HD. The SS picks up ABC HD perfectly. However, FOX is fuzzy. I have heard others say in Manhattan that they can get FOX HD with no problem at all.

I have pointed the SS in all different directions, but it doesnt really help.

Does anybody have any advice? Would it help if I ran a longer cable off the SS(like 10 feet) and put the SS out on my terrace???

Any advice would be appreciated!!!

What channel does it come in on? I am using a silver sensor paired to a Hughes Htl-hd. ABC comes in perfectly clear in Channel 7-1 but Fox, O=on 5-1 Is Fuzzy!!! Am I Looking in the wrong place?

Having the antenna outside will help if your terrace faces the transmitter.

Also, go to antannaweb.org and input your street address and zip code and it will draw a map showing in what direction and distance to the transmitters. It will also show what type of antenna you need to get the channels.

The RF channel is 44 and it will have two channels 5-1 (Fox) and 5-2 (UPN). Where in Manhattan are you? If you are downtown the signal could bounce off the various buildings. Getting a steady signal in Manhattan has proven to be very difficult even though you are probably 2 miles away from the ESB (Empire State Building).

Remember too that 7-1 (ABC) does not come from the ESB. There is another building where the Tower is located for ABC.

HDTV Tuning Question

Antennaweb.org says that FOX HD is channel 5.1...which has been coming in fuzzy. But it also says "Frequency 44"...Does this mean I have to be tuned to channel 44???

Yes, 5.1 is not the UHF channel. 44 is the UHF channel. I have to merge all your three threads because they all about the same topic.

Sorry about the Multiple postings!!! Thanks for Merging them!!!

So what "channel" do I tell the receiver to go to, 5-1 or 44???

44 because that's the UHF frequency. In your display depending of what HD receiver you are using it will show up as 5-1 and 5-2

If it is anything like a E* receiver, you have to add a DTV channel 44, then you tune to the channel by going to 00501. Maybe someone with the same receiver could comment.

gluck75 said:
Sorry about the Multiple postings!!! Thanks for Merging them!!!

So what "channel" do I tell the receiver to go to, 5-1 or 44???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts