Fox-HD: NFL Football Game at 4pm EST

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Yes, it is Fox-HD!

Game in NYC is New York Giants at Philadelphia Eagles. I do not know if this is a national game but if you local affiliate is doing another game in HD. Let us know which one and if it is in HD. It will be good to compare the HD games to CBS and ABC and ESPN.

we're supposed to have the TB vs. Washington game in HD at noon and the Dallas/Minnesota game at 3pm in the Oklahoma City market.

According to hdtvok.com the Fox engineers say both games will be passed from network in HD. Call sign KOKH.

Scott

PS. I wish we could get Detroit games here in HD cause my little brother plays for them! Bummer....

Well it appears that since the pregame show is in HD now on Fox and I have read that Fox is sending the Washington game in HD at 1, then that game here in Atlanta will be show OTA in HD and possibly the Falcons game to follow. The local affiliate just upgraded to HD from 480p.

Lion's might to be in 480p, but maybe even HD but the guide says its not HD but it looks pretty decent.

Its tough to tell, sometimes it looks like Fox's enhanced 480p, othertime it looks true HD.

Good enough for me.

Eric_C said:
Lion's might to be in 480p, but maybe even HD but the guide says its not HD but it looks pretty decent.

Its tough to tell, sometimes it looks like Fox's enhanced 480p, othertime it looks true HD.

Good enough for me.
Sure looks like true HD to me. :D

According to the little blurb Fox keeps showing, they're not only broadcasting in HD, they're "setting the standard". Kind of amusing, considering they've had HD for - what? - 3 hours? It does look good to me though! ;)

Getting Redskins/Buc OTA here in Lubbock. DD 5.1 is somewhat underwhelming, but HD is great. Long shots look SD while game action is beautiful.

Saturday evening while surfing I saw "FOXHD" on my Comcast banner. Thank you Comcast NewHaven!! You guys are the bomb!! Comcast NewHaven now provides all four networks as well as all four big movie channels,ESPN, INHD1+2,PBS and that stupid ABCNews channel (which is not in HD--I dont know why this channel is being included in the HD area.--the picture is downright blurry!!. ANYWAY, the FOX football pre-game show was as sharp as anything I've ever seen.

wash/tb game on Fox 4 Dallas OTA is pretty awesome!! They are saying it is 720p. For action, that seems to be the best. No pixelazation or macroblocking. No stutter. Even the overhead cam looks HD. I am glad to see that Fox is late but great when it comes to HD!!!! Cowboys and Vikings next!!! Yeah!!!

I still can't tell if its HD or not...
at times it looks soft, and there is no macroblockig with high speed action, but there is more softness during high speed action, so that to me says 480p.

Then again, some other shots look damned good.

The biggest "soft" part is the graphics and shots that are farther out.

its more than watchable and beats the Lions being in SD so I'm happy.

Fox HD just kicked in I am watching the last few seconds of TB vs WSH but getting a lot of audio drop out. The audio is DD5.1

Well, I am not impressed. Yes it looks better than 480p but not at the level of CBS/ABC. Even the studio is looking very soft and not eye popping. I do not know if this is a local problem but it looks like something in between 480p and 720p.

Sean - you getting dropouts on WNYW-DT OTA? Didn't know if it might be a CVC problem. My amp is going nuts switching between nothing and DD 5.1

Yes, audio drop has stopped but picture does not look like HD at all. This has to be the softest HD picture I have seen if it is HD! No way to compare this to ABC. This is real bad if this is the HD standard fox is giving viewers.

Nope but it looks like Fox is bragging about having this in HD and it is under quality even for ESPN. Improvement over 480p yes but HD not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)