Fox Lands Steven Spielberg's Minority Report

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nellie Andreeva
Minority Report,
the hot drama project from Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Television and Godzilla writer Max Borenstein, has landed at Fox with a big put pilot commitment. The series, based on the 2002 movie directed by Spielberg, hails from 20th Century Fox TV and Paramount TV, whose feature siblings produced the Tom Cruise-starring film. It was bought pre-emptively by Fox, which I hear offered a penalty close to $1 million to take the property off the market.
The series is envisioned as a sequel to the movie. It is set 10 years after the end of Precrime in DC. One of the three Precogs struggles to lead a “normal” human life, but remains haunted by visions the future, when he meets a detective haunted by her past who just may help him find a purpose to his gift.

deadline.com

The drama has landed at the network with a hefty put-pilot commitment with a significant penalty attached, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
From Amblin Television, Paramount Television and 20th Century Fox Television, Godzilla's MaxBorenstein will pen the script and executive produce. Amblin's Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank will executive produce.

hollywoodreporter.com

I wonder how will it go for this one. In the past, the Spielberg show for TV, Terra Nova (in case anyone remembers it, it had something to do with dinosaurs) went extinct after one season.
And currently Extant is not doing great, I like the show, and I wonder if it will see a second season.

I wonder how will it go for this one. In the past, the Spielberg show for TV, Terra Nova (in case anyone remembers it, it had something to do with dinosaurs) went extinct after one season.
And currently Extant is not doing great, I like the show, and I wonder if it will see a second season.

Terra Nova was cancelled because of production costs, it was a great show.

Reactions: Kraven
I´m into Spielberg, personally I´d like to see Extant come back for a second season.
Terra Nova faced cost-benefit issues.
"after just one series 20th Century Fox has cancelled Steven Spielberg’s time-travel drama Terra Nova.

The show cost around £100 million to make for just 13 episodes, making it the most expensive TV series in broadcasting history"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...erra-Nova-cancelled-season.html#ixzz3Clf4LONw

I´m into Spielberg, personally I´d like to see Extant come back for a second season.
Terra Nova faced cost-benefit issues.
"after just one series 20th Century Fox has cancelled Steven Spielberg’s time-travel drama Terra Nova.

The show cost around £100 million to make for just 13 episodes, making it the most expensive TV series in broadcasting history"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...erra-Nova-cancelled-season.html#ixzz3Clf4LONw
Terra Nova became as extinct as the dinosaurs that wandered on the show.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)