Fox News Added To Sky Angel!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
WOW Faux news (Fox News) Man this makes my day!!! I dont have to sub to E* to get news or point a dish at 110/119 :)

NOW, I have something to watch on Skyangel beyond TVU :) (the only channel I really had skyangel for)

Scott Greczkowski said:
SkyAngel sued Dish for carrying Christian Channels. Will Dish sue Sky Angel for carrying secular channels? (I.E. Fox News and other channels coming soon which Dish may already carry)
Apparently E* isn't restricting SA as much as earlier reported. Personally I paid for 36 channels of Christian programming - for SA to waste space on one of their transponders for ANY secular network lessens the value of my subscription.

I have no objection to SA having an OPTIONAL "cable basics" secular package on a third transponder ... but using space that should be a ministry network is just not right.
juan said:
Doesnt E* control what channels sky angel uplinks? So i have to speculate that E* is not gonna sue.
Yes, E* physically does the uplink work. SA has failed to build either an uplink or satellite to provide their service. So E* has to know what SA is doing because E* is doing it on SkyAngel's behalf.

JL

I think Fox News Channel is more conservative in their coverage than the other 24-hour news networks, so if there is going to be a 24-hour news channel, I guess Fox makes the most sense. I'm not opposed to it because I do not subscribe to any other cable or dish services, and I am one of those subscribers that has wanted some kind of a 24-hour news channel. Let's see how long this lasts. I'm sure there will be many differing opinions on whether Fox News belongs on the Christian satellite system. Who knows, this may spark some Christian organizations to seriously consider a 24-hour news channel. I would think that Pat Robertson and CBN would have the best chance of pulling this off because they already carry a news format. Sky Angel admitted that there has been a signficant number of subscribers asking for a news-only channel, but there is no 24-hour "Christian persepctive" news channel.

Anybody that's curious, American Independent Network is no longer around. I heard that the owners were trying to sell it or revamp it into a different network, but it's currently completely dead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts