Fox News Channel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

netminder32

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 19, 2005
While watching Fox News Channel today, they mentioned that
they were going HD in the near future. Will be interesting how
long before it gets added to the line-up once that happens.

Last edited:
They are already getting the cameras. One day one camera panned over another and there it was a 16x9 HD camera in the picture.

Not too suprising. Since there will be nowhere near 150 national hd channels when DirecTV 10 and 11 go up, it doesn't hurt for their corporate siblings at Fox to generate some. (Kind of like Voom on the E* side, but with channels that people have actually heard of.)

goaliebob99 said:
now that is compelling content :D... acutally that would be a really awsome channel to have in hd

It was entertaining when the anchors were talking about it,
comments about seeing them in HD would be scary for the
viewers.... :)

I hope we get a truckload of "national" networks.....

Side question. If a channel (like Fox News) decides to go all HD and does nothing in SD anymore, how is that treated by Dish ? I realize it has to be down converted for SD subs but can Dish also down convert for HD subs if they want, and if they do, then does that put the picture back to 4:3 ?

Fox News already does HD. I watch Fox News Sunday on my local Fox OTA in HD every Sunday morn. Looks wonderful. My local Fox (Fox 43, Knoxville TN) has the best HD I have ever seen. They use 720p, but they beat all the others. I have a 1080i 53". The locals ABC, See B.S., NBC, etc, have way to much marco blocking. Don't get me wrong, they still kick DishNetworks Voom hdlite it the ass hard.

IMHO,

Ok, I'm all for most things in HD, but come on guys and gals--if your out there, why would you ever, ever... want any news channel in HD? Most of the time, I don't even look at the picture of the news, all I do is listen to them talk, and read the scroll, let alone worry about PQ.

Please, please Charlie don't add this along with shopping channels in HD.

Harold said:
Fox News already does HD. I watch Fox News Sunday on my local Fox OTA in HD every Sunday morn. Looks wonderful. My local Fox (Fox 43, Knoxville TN) has the best HD I have ever seen. They use 720p, but they beat all the others. I have a 1080i 53". The locals ABC, See B.S., NBC, etc, have way to much marco blocking. Don't get me wrong, they still kick DishNetworks Voom hdlite it the ass hard.

Fox News Sunday is 480 widescreen upconverted to 720p, as is Cops.

Harold said:

That's not HD. Fox News Sunday is sent out to affiliates in SD widescreen (same high resolution 480p signal they used to do).

Same deal with COPS on Saturday.

Fox News Sunday is 480 widescreen upconverted to 720p, as is Cops.

I did not know that. It still looks better than voom. They do a great job with it. I will admit, it's news- people sitting around talking. Not much movement or anything, so I guess thats why it can look so good.

By the way, how do you know that. Where do you get that info. Just curious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)