Fox News HD May 1st

For what it's worth:

Fox News leans Right. No doubt
MSNBC Leans Left. No Doubt
CNN.. leans toward Al Jazeera.
Folks on the Right will Watch Fox
Folks on the Left will watch MSNBC
Right now people who like HD watch CNN (with a grain of salt)
Now that that's settled.. Can we get back to when us right leaning good folks can watch the Fox News babes in HD. :)

Well, I see this thread is on the way to being closed.. Geez people. Can't you guys just discuss the HD aspect without bringing politics into it..

This is pretty tame compared to some posts involving Fox News or Fox Business. Let's just face the facts... Every post about Fox News or Fox Business is going to get the non-watchers who think they know what the channel is all about because of a few slanted Youtube clips they saw posting their crap about Fox being too far right. And every time I see that nonsense I respond. Maybe I am falling into their trap. I mean, I am certain they like to upset the Fox News crowd. They can't just leave the thread alone and let those of us wanting Fox News HD discuss whether or not it will end up on DirecTV, Dish, or their cable service.

If they don't like it, they could just not join in the conversation, but we should all know by now that is not going to happen. It is foolish, but expected on this website at this point.

E* can carry Fox News HD ... but they can't make me watch it! :)

I only "see" the HD channels that I include in my "HD Favs" list. The rest don't exist as far as I'm concerned. Heck, I have to watch the threads here at SatGuys to even know if new HD channels have been added. So while I would never add Fox News HD to my Favs list, I suppose it is good for E* to offer it as it will increase viewership and ratings.

Yes it is too bad that so many get their information from the Democrat National Broadcasting Company (D-NBC) and the Obama Campaign Headquarters Network (PMSNBC).

FoxNews HD would be all well and good, but I'm still hoping for NASA HD one of these days... News channels in HD aren't really that big of a deal to me but NASA always seems to have something cool going on.. :)

Who cares about politics. If you're an HD fan we've got to add this channel. Why? Ratings. If you don't have the top rated channels you're dropping the ball.

mediabistro.com: TVNewser

"For the 77th consecutive month, FNC finished first in total day and prime time ratings during May. FNC was the sixth highest rated cable network on all of basic cable during prime time for the month (CNN and MSNBC finished 19th and 26th) and the seventh rated network in total day (CNN and MSNBC were 19th and 27th).

FNC also had 11 out of the top 13 programs in cable during the month in Total Viewers. The O'Reilly Factor was the #1 program in cable news for the 90th consecutive month, and saw gains in Total Viewers year-to-year (26%).

Amercia's Newsroom (9-11amET) was up 30% year-to-year, with the program averaging more viewers than CNN and MSNBC combined during the time period.

Meanwhile, On the Record with Greta Van Susteren has been #1 for 73 consecutive months in Total Viewers while Hannity & Colmes has been #1 in its timeslot for 54 consecutive months."

^ +1 ..

I agree. When it's the #1 channel someone's watching and it should take higher precedence. However, as long as FOX and E* are feuding, it's just not going to happen. E* could say that HD doesn't really change the content, and that argument I would agree with in this case.

However, the lack of Fox Business Channel I do view as a problem, since that's an entire missing channel that connects with FoxNews in a way.

Who cares about politics. If you're an HD fan we've got to add this channel. Why? Ratings. If you don't have the top rated channels you're dropping the ball.

mediabistro.com: TVNewser

"For the 77th consecutive month, FNC finished first in total day and prime time ratings during May. FNC was the sixth highest rated cable network on all of basic cable during prime time for the month (CNN and MSNBC finished 19th and 26th) and the seventh rated network in total day (CNN and MSNBC were 19th and 27th).

FNC also had 11 out of the top 13 programs in cable during the month in Total Viewers. The O'Reilly Factor was the #1 program in cable news for the 90th consecutive month, and saw gains in Total Viewers year-to-year (26%).

Amercia's Newsroom (9-11amET) was up 30% year-to-year, with the program averaging more viewers than CNN and MSNBC combined during the time period.

Meanwhile, On the Record with Greta Van Susteren has been #1 for 73 consecutive months in Total Viewers while Hannity & Colmes has been #1 in its timeslot for 54 consecutive months."

Wow! That's a lot of "Right Wingers!" :p

The biggest reason for me to get FoxNews in HD is because as a subscriber to the HD-only package, I don't get it at all! I loved the Cost of Freedom business shows on Saturday morning.

Hope the lawsuit between them is resolved soon.

The biggest reason for me to get FoxNews in HD is because as a subscriber to the HD-only package, I don't get it at all! I loved the Cost of Freedom business shows on Saturday morning.

Hope the lawsuit between them is resolved soon.

Well, if Dish had Fox Business HD, you'd be able to watch Cost of Freedom repeated on Saturday nights, but they don't carry that station either.

That Charlie guy is a giant loser. He doesn't see the popularity of Fox News and Fox Business. He wouldn't know a good thing if it hit him in the face. This has been made obvious by the success of DirecTV for getting the lead in HD and the various other missteps that idiot running E* has made. What a loser!

You are better off scrapping E* all together and just going with DirecTV. DirecTV will end up with Fox News HD first. God I love Fox Business in HD. Even CNN looks good and I don't even like that channel... .can't wait until we get Fox News HD here on DirecTV.

Join us... tell Charles where to stick it!

For what it's worth:

Fox News leans Right. No doubt
MSNBC Leans Left. No Doubt
CNN.. leans toward Al Jazeera.
Folks on the Right will Watch Fox
Folks on the Left will watch MSNBC
Right now people who like HD watch CNN (with a grain of salt)
Now that that's settled.. Can we get back to when us right leaning good folks can watch the Fox News babes in HD. :)

Yea I need to see Anna Gilligan and the other Red Eye babes in HD
Larry King, omg noooooooooooooooooooo

Well, if Dish had Fox Business HD, you'd be able to watch Cost of Freedom repeated on Saturday nights, but they don't carry that station either.

That Charlie guy is a giant loser. He doesn't see the popularity of Fox News and Fox Business. He wouldn't know a good thing if it hit him in the face. This has been made obvious by the success of DirecTV for getting the lead in HD and the various other missteps that idiot running E* has made. What a loser!

You are better off scrapping E* all together and just going with DirecTV. DirecTV will end up with Fox News HD first. God I love Fox Business in HD. Even CNN looks good and I don't even like that channel... .can't wait until we get Fox News HD here on DirecTV.

Join us... tell Charles where to stick it!

Heh. Send me a check for my contract cancellation and DirecTV setup fees, and I'll join you. :p

Heh. Send me a check for my contract cancellation and DirecTV setup fees, and I'll join you. :p

I'm not trying to be a jerk but you didn't have to sign a contract with Dish. I didn't, thankfully. Sorry man, but I didn't and I'm glad I didn't. They tried to push me into it, telling me it would be $50 more to sign up. I paid the $50 for install or whatever and avoided the contract.

As far as Direct, I admit the startup costs suck. It took me a while to bite the bullet and finally pay $300 to get started with two HD-DVRs. I just didn't feel I should have to pay so much. I finally did and am happy about having the service.

All the news channels seem to be going down the road of covering nothing but sensational stories, like the latest missing blonde girl. I rarely watch any of them anymore.

This was easy to detect and track a few years ago, when a guy in a small town in California was accused of killing his wife.

That story was not "news" by any definition.

It only affected the families of the people involved, and the other people who knew them directly - a handful of people.

There was nothing about the murder that hasn't unfortunately occurred thousands of times before - it was just not news.

But for some reason, the story started to be reported on bigger and bigger news outlets. This is because journalists are basically "pack animals" - whatever one does, all of them do.

A few weeks later, I was watching the BBC News (not the American feed, but rather the World feed) and they reported on the story !

At that point, I knew that so-called "news" no longer existed, and all the "news" channels were just providing entertainment - BBC included, despite their reputation.

That story ("Scott Peterson" by the way) was a great test of real news content. It reminded of similar tests used in TV or movie fiction by the good guy to detect an "imposter". He would say "so Fred, how is your wife?" and the imposter would say "she's fine", and then the imposter would be detected because the real Fred's wife died a few years ago.

In a similar way, since there was zero news content to the Scott Peterson story, then any channel that reported it was not a news channel.

I remember one or two individual radio or TV programs refused to report about it, but 99% did. There ain't much news out there...

I'm not trying to be a jerk but you didn't have to sign a contract with Dish. I didn't, thankfully. Sorry man, but I didn't and I'm glad I didn't. They tried to push me into it, telling me it would be $50 more to sign up. I paid the $50 for install or whatever and avoided the contract.

As far as Direct, I admit the startup costs suck. It took me a while to bite the bullet and finally pay $300 to get started with two HD-DVRs. I just didn't feel I should have to pay so much. I finally did and am happy about having the service.

I was kidding. Even w/o Fox News, I like my service, receiver, and the low cost of the HD-only package. And now that Charlie has dropped Voom, it's that much less garbage to scroll over in the guide. :up

This was easy to detect and track a few years ago, when a guy in a small town in California was accused of killing his wife.

That story was not "news" by any definition.

It only affected the families of the people involved, and the other people who knew them directly - a handful of people.

There was nothing about the murder that hasn't unfortunately occurred thousands of times before - it was just not news.

But for some reason, the story started to be reported on bigger and bigger news outlets. This is because journalists are basically "pack animals" - whatever one does, all of them do.

A few weeks later, I was watching the BBC News (not the American feed, but rather the World feed) and they reported on the story !

At that point, I knew that so-called "news" no longer existed, and all the "news" channels were just providing entertainment - BBC included, despite their reputation.

That story ("Scott Peterson" by the way) was a great test of real news content. It reminded of similar tests used in TV or movie fiction by the good guy to detect an "imposter". He would say "so Fred, how is your wife?" and the imposter would say "she's fine", and then the imposter would be detected because the real Fred's wife died a few years ago.

In a similar way, since there was zero news content to the Scott Peterson story, then any channel that reported it was not a news channel.

I remember one or two individual radio or TV programs refused to report about it, but 99% did. There ain't much news out there...

That story carried because it was a soap opera. Who do you think most of the available audience is during weekday mornings and afternoons. Just look at the result. The guy was ultimately sentenced to death and the only thing proven beyond the shadow of reasonable doubt was that he cheated on his wife (message to those guys who might consider cheating!). That story attracted the same audience that followed all the Princess Di stuff. News channels are ultimately in the business of attracting and holding viewers, so they go with what will bring in the viewers. You probably don't question why FoxNEWS and CNBC have so many hot babes on screen. What audience do you think that they are pursuing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts