Fox News, umm, no thank you.

I wouldn't think that BBC would even be considered. SkyAngel being an American system would cater to their subscribers, American Christians. Therefore the choice of a 24 hr. news network is pretty much limited to:
CNN
CNN Headline News
MS-NBC
Fox

One had to be chosen, and the advisory board members voted Fox.

justalurker said:
At least being Catholic is a world recognized religion.
So is Islam, but you have to remember that some Christians don't recognize Catholics as Christians, and therefore object to having Catholic channels on their Christian system. Some even equate some Catholic beliefs as idol worship and other perseaved dangerous things like prayers to Mary and other non-God/Jesus people (popes/saints). Hence the hoopla way back when Familyland couldn't be blocked at the receiver level.

There probably isn't a single station that someone/somewhere objects to.

justalurker wrote: "There needs to be a family friendly news channel that presents the current news and headlines and religious interest news. Perhaps with several news hours during the day and then looped news and headlines for the rest of the schedule. No hour long hatefests where hosts and guests are rude to whomever they are speaking over. No in depth programs covering the sinful actions of celebrities and the rest of society with no HINT that their actions were wrong. No revelling and enjoing dishing up the juicy details of people's twisted lives. No moral free reporting.

"When a station shows a barely legal on broadcast photo or description and calls it 'news' they often forget that they are still showing barely legal content. Being news is NO EXCUSE to offend one's viewers. There needs to be a news network that understands that. One that can tell the story of .xxx without showing near xxx images.

"When a station fails to speak of the moral consequences of the sin they show on the news they tacitly approve of that sin. There needs to be a news network that calls sin for what it is and doesn't revel in the downfall of our society. Too many stations and networks have joined the sick sad world club and seem now to be competing hard to make sure the sickest stories are on their station. Tabloid TV is now mainstream."

Good points, Lurker. I would love to see a news channel like the one you have stated your desire for. I, too, am sick of tabloid journalism, political discussions that turn into shouting insult contests, and the glorification of sin in the news. Perhaps one day there will be a news channel such as you have described on Sky Angel.

I'm also concerned about the content of the ads that are run on Fox News.

But, along with Jeff, I'm also very concerned with the unbiblical teaching that often goes out on other SA channels under the guise of being "Christian".

Sky Angel has NEVER been what they proclaim themselves to be, that is, "Worry-Free TV". There have been many teaching programs I would never want my kids to listen to. When I first got SA several years ago, one of the kids' shows I happened to switch to was telling kids all about laying hands on their dead pets in order to raise them back to life!

I guess unless and until all of the programming and ads are produced and approved by me :) the content will have to be diligently monitored.

I sent this to SkyAngel......probably won't hear from them........

Ever stop and think that your putting all of these new programming on might be violating a bunch of lifetimer's contract. When Bob Johnson was alive and I signed up it was a 'all Christian' network to where there wasn't any chance of a non Christian gatekeeper. Looks like so much more non Christian programming continues to get put on SkyAngel. What happened to what SA agreed to? Out the window or hoping that no one that has been a customer for a while would notice. Just thought I'd ask. Looks like SA is violating their own rules.

Derwin0 said:
So is Islam, but you have to remember that some Christians don't recognize Catholics as Christians, and therefore object to having Catholic channels on their Christian system. Some even equate some Catholic beliefs as idol worship and other perseaved dangerous things like prayers to Mary and other non-God/Jesus people (popes/saints).

I find that quite humorous. How many of these religions would even have a bible without the Catholic faith to keep preserving it during the Dark Ages when no one else could read or write?

vurbano said:
I find that quite humorous. How many of these religions would even have a bible without the Catholic faith to keep preserving it during the Dark Ages when no one else could read or write?

It was because of the Catholic Church that there was such a thing called the Dark Ages. They preserved the Bible all right by keeping it from the people. Thank God for people like John Wycliffe, William Tyndale and Martin Luther. Without them we would still be in the Dark Ages.

Hi Gary Z. Welcome to Satelliteguys!

Your posts and viewpoints are welcome here! Though I and others may disagree with your viewpoint, I encourage you to post your conscience and have fun.

Having said that.... :)

A little revisionism in your post? Finding causation where there is none? Interesting. If I remember correctly it was the Visigoths that destroyed Rome leading to the fall of western civilization for 900 years and not the church. It was the Church that jealously guarded what had been leaned in the previous 4000 years from destruction by the Barbarians and looters that followed. Information was cloistered until it could be safely disseminated again. After several hundred years, THEN it was guarded as secret.

It was (believe it or not) the black plague of the late 1300s and 1400s cutting European (old world) population by 1/3) that led to the renesance which in turn allowed the protesters to splinter off the mother Church founded by Peter as instructed by Jesus. It was really Gutenberg with his printing press that really opened up the Bible to the still mostly illiterate populace.

I am not excusing the Catholic Church for other misdeeds, but condeming it as the cause of the dark ages is just so much venom spewing rhetoric, I can't let it slide.

See ya
Tony

TNGTony said:
Hi Gary Z. Welcome to Satelliteguys!

It was (believe it or not) the black plague of the late 1300s and 1400s cutting European (old world) population by 1/3) that led to the renesance which in turn allowed the protesters to splinter off the mother Church founded by Peter as instructed by Jesus.

See ya
Tony

Thank for the Welcome, Peter did not found the Church at Rome, if you read the New Testament it is clear that Paul started the Church at Rome, but that Church was soon eclipsed by another Church started by Simon Peter Magus which is the RCC we see to today. As this is not the proper forum to discuss these things I will say no more but if any one is interested in evidence of the cover ups and deceptions coming from Rome my email address is on file and I will be happy to give them the information.