FOX not being broadcasted on Direct TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gpinell

Original poster
Sep 1, 2012
Washington
Who else is not satisfied about this situation? Some of our most watched shows are on FOX. How have others of you been able to get FOX? I am in a rural area and not able to get it over the air.

Who else is not satisfied about this situation? Some of our most watched shows are on FOX. How have others of you been able to get FOX? I am in a rural area and not able to get it over the air.

Is your Local Fox in a dispute with D* ?
Or is D*'s Feed down ?

Getting Fox here and good luck with getting it back if that is the problem :)

Here in Binghamton, NY our local Fox is in dispute. The CW is also being held hostage by Northwestern.

However, I can get the locals via OTA and I'm grandfathered in for Fox DNS.

I know my grandmother is very annoyed that she has no Fox in Minot. I think it's the only one she doesn't get and is constantly complaining to the station who just keep telling her to go OTA. Which she isn't about to do. I'm going to look into "moving" her to NY or LA.

I know my grandmother is very annoyed that she has no Fox in Minot. I think it's the only one she doesn't get and is constantly complaining to the station who just keep telling her to go OTA. Which she isn't about to do. I'm going to look into "moving" her to NY or LA.

That wont get her, her Local Fox, is she OK with that?

I know she really wants Fox programming, but she would loose all local news, so I will have to see if she can live with that until Fox Minot is added if ever.

Fox isn't the only channel with local news. Can't she get it from another station?

Fox isn't the only channel with local news. Can't she get it from another station?

if she moves out of the area it would

The issue for Blackloz is there are only 2 markets in ND...Fargo/Grand Forks (in SD only) and Minot (MPEG4 market)
next market west is Glendive, MT which isnt on Directv (and only NBC & CBS) ;)

His mom would be in what we call in the "moving" group...no mans land

Yes but it's the programming she misses.

Did you try to get a waiver? http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageIFnorail.jsp?assetId=P4880022#h:573.383 I typed in the info for Yakima, WA. And it says you can get a DNS waiver for FOX because you currently don't have a FOX channel.

This year when DirecTV & Tribune had a fight and WPI:mad:CW) was pulled I typed in the info for me and just 2 minutes later ch 394 CW DNS East started playing on my TV, I checked back on the site and it said I was granted a waiver for CW DNS East(at the time it was Baltimore, MD. now its Washington, DC.) Just have to pay $2 a month to keep the DNS CW East channel.

Did you try that?

That isn't going to work if the Fox channel is in his\her DMA. If it were that easy the channels would never have a dispute, what would it gain them?
If Direct TV is bringing in a channel because your DMA is short, then you can get another channel to replace the one they are bringing in.
(Example - say you don't have a local CBS - Direct TV gives you a neighboring CBS. That CBS is in dispute - Direct TV can give you another one (which by the way you should not have to pay for) OR - you can get a Distant channel and pay the $2) But that's all only because your DMA does not have it's own CBS for this example)

And it can't be a waiver you got, because the channel from your DMA has to give the waiver and obviously they won't do that if they are in dispute. So there probably is no network in your DMA so what you got was a "Distant" channel because your DMA does not have that particular network in it and you are predicted to not be able to get it OTA.

I suggest this all the time to people. Does she have an up to date HDTV? And, what exists there for cable? If your cable co has an up to date system and she has an up to date tv, then you could do the following. Order their phone, internet, or both if you were interested in such service. They would need to set up a service with a modem and cable jack going to the modem. Split the line and send one to the tv itself. Most cable companies put blocks, such as the one I have, but local channels (including public access), shopping channels (QVC and HSN) and the channel that tells you what's on the cable company's PPV/On Demand are usually left un blocked. I get 52 channels. Locals in HD and SD, any subchannels on the locals, NECN in my area, Shopping, one religious channel, public access, and the what's on PPV channel. Every once in a while something else gets through on freeview. Last month I got Music Choice for a week. Another time i got the NHL Net in SD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)