The Raw Nerve
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 5, 2004
Park Slope, NYC
Lucky said:
I don't know, Newsday is a pretty reputable newspaper. :(

Yeah, just as reputable as as New York Post...:rolleyes::D:D:D

Same level, although NYP poses one of the lowest level of writing/etitiing (already out of journalism).

T2k said:
Yeah, just as reputable as as New York Post...:rolleyes::D:D:D

Same level, although NYP poses one of the lowest level of writing/etitiing (already out of journalism).

That couldn't be further from the truth. I have been a Newsday reader for over 35 years and the reliability between Newsday and the New York Post isn't even measurable. Newsday does not print speculation and rumors. They are much more truthful.

New York Post is as balanced as Fox News.

The Post has even worsened in recent time, it is almost becoming a rag magazine.

It figures since Murdoch owns both Fox News and the Post.

Lucky said:
That couldn't be further from the truth. I have been a Newsday reader for over 35 years and the reliability between Newsday and the New York Post isn't even measurable. Newsday does not print speculation and rumors. They are much more truthful.

Well, Newsday isn't exactly the most precise and truthful source either.

I agree though it's not that worst like NYP, due to the lack of rumors and such crap - I just exaggerated a bit. :cool:

rtt2 said:
New York Post is as balanced as Fox News.

The Post has even worsened in recent time, it is almost becoming a rag magazine.

It figures since Murdoch owns both Fox News and the Post.

Exactly. Fox News is the same cabaret like New York Post - actually I do know in fact some universities' journalism depts use Fox News regularly as the perfect example how NOT to write - they analyze each one of the distortion, bias, faking, utter lack of integrity.

Fox News is the lowest point of the once great American news journalism - actually FOx is NOT journalism if we take that as a profession.

It would be very unlikely that Dolan does not have the financing in place. He probably had it all nicely lined up before he made the offer. We are dealing with a publicly traded company (CVC) and it is pretty serious to announce large deals (330+ million dollars CVC would save giving Dolan VOOM). I expect that we might learn about the financing of the arrangement Monday. Exciting details like when the move to R-2 will probably have to wait.

Will they run another Article Dolan's V-Day? after Monday or do they just go with all the bad things that happen like the evening news? Looks like their next story should be more postive. (I hope)

T2k said:
Exactly. Fox News is the same cabaret like New York Post - actually I do know in fact some universities' journalism depts use Fox News regularly as the perfect example how NOT to write - they analyze each one of the distortion, bias, faking, utter lack of integrity.

Fox News is the lowest point of the once great American news journalism - actually FOx is NOT journalism if we take that as a profession.
I guess that is why Fox is so "unpopular" (hint..hint..check the ratings) right? Because most Americans are morons and watch Fox?? And you are so superior and know so much more than the majority of us stupid, uneducated idiots, right??

Maybe your journalistic idol is Dan Rather? Now that's a piece of journalistic integrity!

FNC O'REILLY 2,181,000 [VIEWERS]
FNC HANNITY/COLMES 1,622,000
FNC SHEP SMITH 1,386,000
FNC BRIT HUME 1,318,000
FNC GRETA 1,307,000
CNN LARRY KING 1,004,000
CNN ZAHN 673,000
CNN AARON BROWN 551,000
CNN COOPER 524,000
MSNBC HARDBALL 388,000
CNN DOBBS 379,000
CNNHN NANCY GRACE 366,000
MSNBC SCARBOROUGH 240,000
MNSBC OLBERMANN/GANNON 208,000

lol.gif

ddlsmith said:
I guess that is why Fox is so "unpopular" (hint..hint..check the ratings) right? Because most Americans are morons and watch Fox?? And you are so superior and know so much more than the majority of us stupid, uneducated idiots, right??

Maybe your journalistic idol is Dan Rather? Now that's a piece of journalistic integrity!

FNC SHEP SMITH 1,386,000
FNC BRIT HUME 1,318,000
FNC GRETA 1,307,000
CNN LARRY KING 1,004,000
CNN ZAHN 673,000
CNN AARON BROWN 551,000
CNN COOPER 524,000
MSNBC HARDBALL 388,000
CNN DOBBS 379,000

lol.gif

I know it's going to be a striking new thing for you but still: numbers doesn't say anything, fella! Another newsflash for you: yes, people are stupid. Not because of being uneducated - part of the deal - but because they are being disinformed by these loathsome bunglers (they have nothing to do with journalism).
Besides the fact that NOBODY knows real numbers - these are numbers you pulled out of your/somebody's bottom part -, there are century-old basics of journalism, integrity and such which never appeared to be in effect on Fox News. If you don't know them, ask first. Otherwise shouting on a forum without no clue will make people think perhaps you are one those uneducated, moronic people you are talking about...

I don't really care what some redneck Bush-fan watches - they are hardcore idiots, doesn't worth the try but rest of the country is unfortunately being fed up by these worms at Murdoch's disgusting, nation and country destroying, crappy, cheap propaganda sh*t, called Fox News. Fox News EXACTLY operates the same way as old commie TV channels were operating - EXACTLY the same way, language, rhetoric, everything. The structure of the distortion, the way they don't report this but report that etc...
Fox News is a frightening 1:1 copy for those who have seen any 'original' commie news program.

T2k said:
I know it's going to be a striking new thing for you but still: numbers doesn't say anything, fella! Another newsflash for you: yes, people are stupid. Not because of being uneducated - part of the deal - but because they are being disinformed by these loathsome bunglers (they have nothing to do with journalism).
Besides the fact that NOBODY knows real numbers - these are numbers you pulled out of your/somebody's bottom part -, there are century-old basics of journalism, integrity and such which never appeared to be in effect on Fox News. If you don't know them, ask first. Otherwise shouting on a forum without no clue will make people think perhaps you are one those uneducated, moronic people you are talking about...

I don't really care what some redneck Bush-fan watches - they are hardcore idiots, doesn't worth the try but rest of the country is unfortunately being fed up by these worms at Murdoch's disgusting, nation and country destroying, crappy, cheap propaganda sh*t, called Fox News. Fox News EXACTLY operates the same way as old commie TV channels were operating - EXACTLY the same way, language, rhetoric, everything. The structure of the distortion, the way they don't report this but report that etc...
Fox News is a frightening 1:1 copy for those who have seen any 'original' commie news program.

Gosh you are so right, Al. Thanks for setting me straight. I had no clue. I will never watch Fox News again. Communists! Who'd a thunk it? How stupid could I have been? Thank you so much.

Excuse me, the Oscars are about to start and I don't want to miss seeing Roger get his statue for Fahrenheit....What!!??? He didn't get WHAT??? Must be communists at the Academy too....

story.franken.jpg

Our Hero

The founders of the United States of America were scared to death of the rule of the majority. That is why they structured our forum of goverment the way they did. Absolute numbers do not make "it", whatever "it" might be, right.

However, still endjoying mindnumbing HDTV (well actually listening to music) under mostly cloudy Seattle skies, Gill

justalurker said:
Ah, so there is a valid topic for this thread! :D

JL
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I started this thread with a news topic I thought was relevant to this forum. Then the attacks began on the source of the story. Then the attacks began on the attacks, and so on, and so on....And now we are in to politics and communism...I bow out at this point...let this go where it may. To qoute Jim Rome...I am OUT!

speedyray said:
Having had VOOM for a mere 12 days, I am already addicted. I really want to hear some good news. I hope for survival, because no of the other options really appeal to me. If it is not going to survive long term let it die fast while I still remember what life without all this HD is like.

I really don't watch much tv in general - mostly DVDs (have ~900), but I just got an HD set and wanted to take advantage of it. The Monsters HD channel is on alot here now. I have 5 program reminders on that channel for this weekend.

I know of a few others that are on the fence right now wanting to see what happens to VOOM. I know they are impressed with mine.

Count me in on being addicted and I've only had Voom for 2 days :)

ddlsmith said:

FNC SHEP SMITH 1,386,000
FNC BRIT HUME 1,318,000
FNC GRETA 1,307,000
CNN LARRY KING 1,004,000
CNN ZAHN 673,000
CNN AARON BROWN 551,000
CNN COOPER 524,000
MSNBC HARDBALL 388,000
CNN DOBBS 379,000
lol.gif

Watching TV has nothing to do with intelligence. Infact maybe the really smart people watch very little and your percentages are the percent of idiots that watch each network.

vurbano said:
Watching TV has nothing to do with intelligence. Infact maybe the really smart people watch very little and your percentages are the percent of idiots that watch each network.

Vurbano...I think you may have some good insight there.

justalurker said:
Smart people don't have time for TV?

JL
I don't agree with this statement, : maybe people made issue with " Ben Franklin" eating Apple Pie, He may have thought better having pie, maybe some people think better watching the tube, just a thought.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)