Fox orders X-Files mini series

mike123abc

Too many cables
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
As reported (but no links in this thread allowed) a 6 episode miniseries of X-Files with the original actors David Duchovny as Fox Mulder and Gillian Anderson as Dana Scully.

I am ready to believe! Are you?

Reactions: Annie61
As reported (but no links in this thread allowed) a 6 episode miniseries of X-Files with the original actors David Duchovny as Fox Mulder and Gillian Anderson as Dana Scully.

I am ready to believe! Are you?
I'm in !

Unfortunately it's only 6 episodes ...
Hopefully it will do well and they add to it :)

I have to wonder if they had some movie scripts around and decided that none of them were really movie worthy and the plots could be adapted to TV instead.

I can't wait. Didn't they say in the last X files movie that an alien invasion was imminent? Maybe they will bring that up in the mini series?

It is fine, but IMHO, the series lost its way late with a weird search for a character played by an actor who no longer wished to work. Rather than just doing a Darin Stevens or a BJ Hunnicutt on him and moving on.

I would be more excited with a reboot with new age appropriate actors.

It is fine, but IMHO, the series lost its way late with a weird search for a character played by an actor who no longer wished to work. Rather than just doing a Darin Stevens or a BJ Hunnicutt on him and moving on.

I would be more excited with a reboot with new age appropriate actors.
Nah! Would never fly...or even get off the ground.

What do you mean pull a BJ Hunnicut? Yes, bewitched changed Darrins. Hated that. Never liked the second Darrin.

What do you mean pull a BJ Hunnicut? Yes, bewitched changed Darrins. Hated that. Never liked the second Darrin.
That's because the 2nd Darrin never acted like he cared about Sam that much and was always snarky and was a real smart aleck to all Sam's relatives. The first Darrin would get mad at Sam and her meddling family ,but he always acted like he loved her.

What do you mean pull a BJ Hunnicut?

A "Darrin Stevens" is when you simply replace an unavailable actor with another actor playing the same character.

A "BJ Hunnicut" is when you kill off (move away, whatever) a character played by an unavailable actor with a new character who is only slightly to moderately different from the previous and plays the same roll in the story line. Happened on MASH a lot. Other examples are the next-door neighbor husband on Married With Children; the admiral on JAG; and, of course Two & a Half Men and Spin City.

BTW, a "Cousin Oliver" is when a "cute kid/kids" show has been on so long that the kids have grown up and are no longer cute and a, previously unmentioned child shows up to live with the family. A "Chuck Cunningham" is when a family member character (in this case the older brother on Happy Days) simply disappears and the show's "bible" is retroconed such that he never existed. "Soap Opera Rapid Ageing Syndrome" is (because teenagers cannot do the stuff that happens on soaps under the network standards) a child ages from baby to adult in about 5 years, And a "Jerry Carmichael" is when you write out the kids on the show and make the mother/father de facto childless (Lucille Ball's second show was reworked in the middle of its run with her daughter growing up and moving away and here son shipped off to military school and never mentioned again).

In the case of the X-Files, if Ducovney didn't want to work anymore, rather then the obtuse and pointless two year plot theme they went off on, have FM take off on a UFO, just hire another actor, call him some new name, explore a slightly different backstory for him but mostly just go on fighting monsters of the week.

I know all that. MASH is my favorite show of all time. I needed a little clarification of what you meant, because it sounded the way it was written that there were two BJs like there were two Darrins. ;) I didn't mind the character change from Trapper to BJ. I did mind the change of Darrins even though I know why that change was made. Don't even get started with cousin Oliver.

S~

Reactions: Annie61
The first Darrin suffered an back injury from the movies he made in the 50's and he was on pain pills through most of the episodes he did on Bewitched. One day his back seized up so bad that they just couldn't go on any longer and they made the switch from Dick York to Dick Sargent in the 6th season. From that point on he was mostly bed ridden and had a prescription pain killer addiction. He was a 3 pack a day smoker and died of emphysema at age 63 in 1992. The second Darrin, Dick Sargent ,who would of been the original Darrin if he hadn't turned down the role in 1964 for another series, died in 94 from Prostate cancer at age 64. Elizabeth Montgomery died less than a year later in May of 1995, of cancer herself at age 62. As far as cousin Oliver, I think that they should of brought back Tiger the Dog or Fluffy the cat instead of him. He was a f-ugly kid and I wonder what Oliver looks like today?

The first Darrin suffered an back injury from the movies he made in the 50's and he was on pain pills through most of the episodes he did on Bewitched. One day his back seized up so bad that they just couldn't go on any longer and they made the switch from Dick York to Dick Sargent in the 6th season. From that point on he was mostly bed ridden and had a prescription pain killer addiction. He was a 3 pack a day smoker and died of emphysema at age 63 in 1992. The second Darrin, Dick Sargent ,who would of been the original Darrin if he hadn't turned down the role in 1964 for another series, died in 94 from Prostate cancer at age 64. Elizabeth Montgomery died less than a year later in May of 1995, of cancer herself at age 62. As far as cousin Oliver, I think that they should of brought back Tiger the Dog or Fluffy the cat instead of him. He was a f-ugly kid and I wonder what Oliver looks like today?
Thanks for the run down memory lane ... I always liked Bewitched.

As for Cousin Oliver .... Never heard of .

Thanks for the run down memory lane ... I always liked Bewitched.

As for Cousin Oliver .... Never heard of .
Cousin Oliver was on Brady Bunch the final season when the kids all got to old to look cute anymore. Oliver had a mop top and spectacle round glasses. He was only on a few of the last episodes. He wasn't cute and he wasn't funny.

Use to watch the X-Files all the time. Hope this one does well. By the way, I've seen a recent picture of Robbie Rist...aka cousin Oliver. Nothing against him, but didn't care for his being added to The Brady Bunch either.

Reactions: MikeD-C05

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)