Fox Regional Sports Channels status

DawgDeputy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 1, 2009
Grayson, Ga
I was just checking the Dish Promise page and the Fox Sports dispute is no longer listed. The only thing listed is the NFL network. Has Dish totally given up on Fox? I was hoping there might finally be a resolution before baseball resumes.

Any thoughts since Dish is now carrying Stadium thru streaming and I think that is owned by the same group as the regional networks that there might be some movement?

I was just checking the Dish Promise page and the Fox Sports dispute is no longer listed. The only thing listed is the NFL network. Has Dish totally given up on Fox? I was hoping there might finally be a resolution before baseball resumes.
Well, since Dish is starting a new high-profile dispute (attracting a lot of eyeballs to that dishpromise page) maybe they don't want to continue to feature old disputes there, which would make things look really bad for them. They did the same thing last year, removing all information about the HBO/Cinemax dispute around the time that the regional sports dispute was about to start. I think they just continue to list the old disputes there as a placeholder, until they need the page for the next big dispute.

Reactions: DawgDeputy
Any thoughts since Dish is now carrying Stadium thru streaming and I think that is owned by the same group as the regional networks that there might be some movement?
Maybe that was the consolation prize, with Dish telling them "We'll carry this streaming service of yours, but we're not bringing back the regional sports networks."

One piece that has changed is the long time head of the Fox regional sports networks through numerous ownerships has announced his retirement. They are looking for a replacement. I would think there would be a small chance of different thoughts with a new head but nothing would happen until the new person is in place and got their feet on the ground. At best a few months from now if this is an impact.

Unless Sinclair agrees to a model where the RSN's are add-ons or added at the higher tiers, I find it hard to believe that Dish would choose to bring them back. The one thing that makes me think there is a sliver of hope is the fact that the RSN channels still have the slates there saying the RSN has been removed and that it isn't a good deal for Dish. When SNY and MSG were dropped, I don't recall there being a slate. I know when CSN New England was dropped, there was a slate for about 2 weeks and then gone. When channels are dropped, the dropped info is usually there for a couple of weeks. Even with HBO/Cinemax, I don't recall the info about being dropped being there as long as the RSN's - maybe 2-3 months the channel numbers held the dropped info? But is has been almost a year the FOX Sports RSN's have had the dropped slate. If Dish were done with them, you think they would drop the slates as well by this point. RSN watchers know that the RSN is no longer there.

Unless Sinclair agrees to a model where the RSN's are add-ons or added at the higher tiers, I find it hard to believe that Dish would choose to bring them back. The one thing that makes me think there is a sliver of hope is the fact that the RSN channels still have the slates there saying the RSN has been removed and that it isn't a good deal for Dish. When SNY and MSG were dropped, I don't recall there being a slate. I know when CSN New England was dropped, there was a slate for about 2 weeks and then gone. When channels are dropped, the dropped info is usually there for a couple of weeks. Even with HBO/Cinemax, I don't recall the info about being dropped being there as long as the RSN's - maybe 2-3 months the channel numbers held the dropped info? But is has been almost a year the FOX Sports RSN's have had the dropped slate. If Dish were done with them, you think they would drop the slates as well by this point. RSN watchers know that the RSN is no longer there.
This is what I meant when I said (in another thread) that I wish this would be resolved one way or another. As it is, with the slates still there, we are just left stuck waiting for the other shoe to drop. I think that Dish does not want to drop the slates, because then they would start to feel the pressure from subscribers to drop the price. Also, there are all of those pesky Multi-Sport ads that would need to be re-written, if it no longer includes "more than 35" sports channels. I think Dish is still counting those slate channels as placeholders.

We're using YTTV temporarily while living in an apartment as part of our cross country move, deciding whether to go back to Dish when we move into our new house (close and move in shortly.) Was hoping that Dish would resolve this soon. I know, that's a laugh. We get the RSN on YTTV here (we're in the Atlanta Braves RSN.) We had talked about moving my older mother to DIsh from her crappy cable, but she is a HUGE Braves fan and wouldn't even think about it without her RSN.

And what they are currently doing in their negotiation with Comcast...to get Marquee Sports Network carried along with renewing the RSN's and the local channels outside of Chicago.

And what they are currently doing in their negotiation with Comcast...to get Marquee Sports Network carried along with renewing the RSN's and the local channels outside of Chicago.
Yep, that was a brilliant move by the Cubs. Take their games off Comcast Sportsnet and start a new channel, just to have to come back and immediately renegotiate with Comcast for carriage of that channel. Hopefully it all gets straightened out before baseball season, but I doubt it.

I would laugh if Comcast pulls the NBC’s from the affiliation of Sinclair. That would put a hurting... I mean after the contract for affiliation expires of course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts