Fox Sports Detroit

What specifically do you want it for? You could always "move" to a Detroit address and pick up FS Detroit that way. You would lose your local channels and have to pick them up OTA if you do that though because you will be outside the Detroit spotbeam. Locals are on spotbeams but Fox Sports Detroit isn't.

If you are just looking for the Red Wings like your name suggests and you don't want to give up your local channels NHL Center Ice would be your best bet. There is also NBA League Pass if you're a Piston's fan but I'm not sure who would want to pay extra for them right now. Unfortunately if you are a Tigers fan Dish doesn't offer MLB Extra Innings. You would have to use MLB.tv to pick them up.

Changing your address to a Michigan address in the Dish system is the only way you will get FS Detroit without paying more for these sports packages. They can get expensive if you want all three local sports that FS Detroit carries. Like I said though, if you do that you will need to get an antenna to pick up local channels.

Or, if you want the channel and don't mind the pro sports games being blacked out, you can subscribe to the Multi Sports Pack. LOL.

Or....if you don't mind hoping that the game goes past the dish timers, you can stilling catch a inning or a few minutes of a game that goes over Dish's time. :) with multisport

I subscribe to MLB.TV, which I can watch on the PS3s and Tivo Premieres (I prefer the Tivo app). I've never subscribed to NHL Center Ice because there are a fair number of Wings games broadcast on Versus/NBCSport Network, NBC or the NHL Network during the regular season - and all playoff games. You know, I would actually subscribe to NHL Center Ice this year if it were avaiable on the Tivo Premiere (app). We shall see.

If your moving let me know there are plenty of abandoned burned down houses in Detroit that you can use.

The best part is that google maps hasn't been by some of these places in years, so they still look like they are lived in.

I subscribe to MLB.TV, which I can watch on the PS3s and Tivo Premieres (I prefer the Tivo app). I've never subscribed to NHL Center Ice because there are a fair number of Wings games broadcast on Versus/NBCSport Network, NBC or the NHL Network during the regular season - and all playoff games. You know, I would actually subscribe to NHL Center Ice this year if it were avaiable on the Tivo Premiere (app). We shall see.
The Roku player has it (as well as NBA, MLB and MLS). You can pick-up the cheapest model for $50.

If your moving let me know there are plenty of abandoned burned down houses in Detroit that you can use.

The best part is that google maps hasn't been by some of these places in years, so they still look like they are lived in.
You never know if some places are abandoned or not. Last summer my brother, who lives in upstate NY, and family were in town and we went downtown for dinner. We decided to take Woodward home and we drove by a lot of abandoned buildings and homes. We stopped at one abandoned looking apartment building and we saw a couple newish looking satellite dishes connected on the wall and clean curtains in the windows. Yet probably half the windows in the building were broken. I think one or two people were getting DirecTV there.

The OP PMed me a few days back. He moved to a MI address to get his Wings games so it looks like he is all set.

We normally live in one part of Michigan that receives Flint local channels and have a Hopper set up to receive signals from 61.5 & 72. If we move to our lake cabin that is a few miles closer to Detroit and we ask Dish to move our service location so we receive Detroit locals, do they just send signal to the box so that it also picks up the 110 satellite that carries those local stations or would the dish receiver have to be realigned?

We normally live in one part of Michigan that receives Flint local channels and have a Hopper set up to receive signals from 61.5 & 72. If we move to our lake cabin that is a few miles closer to Detroit and we ask Dish to move our service location so we receive Detroit locals, do they just send signal to the box so that it also picks up the 110 satellite that carries those local stations or would the dish receiver have to be realigned?

What dish do you have near Detroit? I also get Flint local channels but the spotbeams in Michigan seem to be pretty big. There is a chance you can pick up the Flint channels from the cabin. I had some friends up to my place in Cheboygan (about 4 hours north near the tip of the lower peninsula) earlier this summer and one of them brought their 211k so we could watch the Tigers. He set it up with an Eastern Arc dish like he uses at home and we were able to watch our Flint locals all the way up there. I was pretty surprised.

The Detroit area is much closer than that so I would try without moving especially if you have an EA dish available for the cabin. If it is setup with a WA dish there you would only get Flint channels in SD. If that is the case moving might be worth it.

I was actually asking for my folks. I'm not sure what direction the old dish faces at their cabin. As for dish type, also unsure, but it's gray and I think it says Turbo on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts