Fox Sports In Hd?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Isnt it about time E* to make these HD RSN's available ?
________

Fox Sports Net Doubles HD Output

Fox Sports Net regional networks are stepping up with HD game telecasts in a big way, nearly doubling the amount of HD games to 1,000 between now and the end of 2007.

“Our motivation is simple,” says Randy Freer, FSN COO. “HD makes for a better production and consumers who have HD miss it when it’s not there.”

The coverage will include an increase in NBA, MLB, and NHL coverage as well as select college football and basketball events. In total FSN's 18 owned-and-operated regional sports networks are planning to produce more than 2,500 hours of live, event programming HD.

Freer says FSN will roll out as much HD as their facilities and personnel will support, working with its professional and collegiate partners as well as distributors to deliver the best HD viewing experience.

The network has also taken a different approach to cutting HD production costs. Because FSN has 18 networks it often finds itself broadcasting both the home and away telecasts. The typical set up for a sporting event has one production truck for the home team and one for the away team. But since FSN was writing both those checks the network has housed both broadcast teams in the same truck, resulting in cost savings.

“The truck has two control rooms and the visiting broadcast team shares the line cut with the home team,” says Sellers. “And we’ve developed the system to the point where the visiting team now has three of their own cameras, replay devices, and graphics so they can cut their own show.”

Freer says the NHL strike was a hiccup that slowed down some of the conversion to HD but with both the NHL and NAB in action the time is right. “And at the end of next year we’ll open a new facility in Houston that will give us the ability to do more HD like non-event related programming.”FSN regional networks contributing local HD game production include FSN Arizona, FSN Detroit, FSN Florida, FSN Indiana, FSN Midwest, FSN North, FSN Northwest, FSN Ohio, FSN Pittsburgh, FSN Rocky Mountain, FSN South, FSN Southwest, FSN Houston, FSN Utah, FSN West, Prime Ticket, SportSouth, and Sun Sports.

If FSN does indeed double their HD output I could see several problems with E* current plan to share transponders. In other words, there could be several times when there are more than x number of hd games being shown at once and x = the number of transponders.

Fox needs to simply make the two different audio streams available on the same channel ala SAP or such. This would cut in half the number of channels needed.

All I know is D* has the fox hd and we don't. D* didn't make promises about getting the rsn's but added them before Fall. E* said they would have them by fall and we are still waiting.

The HD RSN's were one of the reasons I changed to Dish this summer. JUNE is when dish said they would have the RSN's by fall.

It appears to be pure deception, since there has been no explanation I have seen as to why they are not on. Why else promise something 6 months in advance and then not deliver? They just knew D* was getting them, so they lied. That is what it looks like to me.

Yeah would be nice if we got them soon! Maybe something will come up in the next uplink report..

Maybe something will come up in the next uplink report..

I wish that would happen too but I think we're out of luck until at least the new year. In light of the DNS crisis I think this week's uplink report will be a whole lot of nothing...again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts