Fox Sports Net, etc...

Weezknight

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Philly 'Burbs, PA
I'm a fairly new subscriber from just outside the Philadelphia area. I noticed recently when looking through the Dish website that I don't get any of the Fox Sports Net, or other sports package channels. I subscribe to AT180 so I thought I'd get them. Am I a victim of living in Comcast's hometown or should I call a CSR to see why I don't get any of the extra sports channels.

call a CSR and order the sports mulit pack for $6.00 per month, be warned that all pro sports outside of Philly will be blacked out and Comcast SportsNet is using a loophole that get's them out of making Comcast SportsNet Philly available to E* subscribers.

I didn't realize that it's an extra $6.00. When you do a package comparison, those channels are marked under the AT180, so I just assumed they were part of the package.

Sportnet Philly is using a legal loophole. The loophole is pretty simple
“If you don’t beam the signal up to satellite, you don’t have to make it available to satellite companies”

CSN Philly is using fibre connection from the old Prism & Sportsnet Philly channels to get them to the distribution point. So that’s why Direct/Dish cant get them

So, ultimately, for Philadelphia, the $6.00 would be better spent on something else.

P.S. - I haven't heard anyone mention Prism is a LOOONG time. Wow!

If you want Pro Sports, the $6.00 will be much better spent on a couple packs of baseball cards. Pro teams (and some college) are blacked out in the package.

If you want Philly pro sports, go back to cable. :( DirecTV and Dish are fighting Comcast's takeover of Adelphia, citing among other things what Comcast has done with sports in Philly, so there is *some* hope that things could change in the future.

If you want other pro sports, there are the MLB / NBA / NHL packages.

Multi-Sport is good deal for $6 if you are into college sports.

Weezknight said:
P.S. - I haven't heard anyone mention Prism is a LOOONG time. Wow!

I remember seeing ECW on SportsChannel Philly on my Primestar setup :)

Didn't the 76ers have the "Prism" logo on the floor at the Old Spectrum?

Iceberg said:
I remember seeing ECW on SportsChannel Philly on my Primestar setup :)

Didn't the 76ers have the "Prism" logo on the floor at the Old Spectrum?
Yup, they sure did!

I miss the old Spectrum. I have lots of fond memories of the concerts there - well, I WOULD have memories of them if I toked up again. :D

If you live in the ( Great city of Philadelphia )where we have a great city council who
is probaly being payed off by crimecast to keep things the way they are we should be happy to have nothing. We are the only large city not to have a local sports network on small dish. Now why is that? answer Philly politics $$$$$$$$
The word Philadelphia is greek for bend over and grab your ankles

And if anyone thinks Philadelphia is a great city they should have there head shrunk

oh , okay. that would explain where ed rendell learned all his pathetic tricks!!!

pennsylvania, the only state where the governors knuckles drag the ground,,LOL

old ben franklin must be tossing in his grave!!

Last edited:
You gotta remember that a member of Ed Rendell's cabnit ( David Cohen)is now the vice president of comcast, and he has stated that Philly will never get sports on small dish and they might consider it if Comcast gets the NFL Ticket.

Its like your being held hostage in Philly.

Remember, that Phila got cable 6 years after most of the metropolitan areas around here. Because each councilperson cut their own deal for their district.

I wouldnt go back to comcast if they paid me.

They are the worst set of crooks in the area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)