Fox Sports Nets

Dish has actually given the opportunity for people to have lower bills...
It has been suggested many times before that people wished that the Channel Packs worked in reverse. In other words, you should be able to drop those Channel Packs from your core bundle packages, to save money. That is not the way it works, though. You have to drop down to a much lower core package, just to possibly qualify to add some of those Channel Packs (depending on how low you go, since qualification for each package varies if you drop below Flex Pack). Meanwhile, you lose other channels from the bigger bundle that you may like, with no way to add those channels back without going all the way back up to the big bundle.
...but people will complain to complain.
Who, me? Nah! :p

Because you don’t pay on a per channel basis. You also didn’t see a huge price increase that took place shortly thereafter with every other provider. You saw a small price increase with the option to actually lower your price. That was about the same time they broke the RSN fee out separately and you can clearly see you weren’t charged for them there, as well. False equivalency.
They had to break out the RSN fee, precisely because so many regions now don't have RSN's on Dish. They added a very small monthly fee to the few regions that still had RSN's. (That fee was apparently reversed this year, due to even more RSN removals.) That tiny fee is/was nowhere near enough to cover the entire cost of each region's RSN's where the fee was being charged. It may not have even been enough to entirely cover that year's scheduled price increase for the RSN's that were still being carried. So, the bulk of the cost of the RSN's was still being bundled into the base packages, which are the same price nationwide, whether you are actually receiving your RSN's or not. The entire RSN fee was never broken out, nor did customers with any package other than Flex Pack ever have the option to completely remove RSN's from their core package to save money. The price of RSN's (whether they are carried or not) is still being averaged out across the entire country, with the bulk of subscribers not even receiving them, but still paying anyway.

The RSN fee came after they removed the Fox Sports, so you can’t say it wouldn’t cover that. I mean you can, because it’s accurate. Because customers were not being charged for them. Which is why the fee was so low for those that still had the RSNs.

The RSN fee came after they removed the Fox Sports, so you can’t say it wouldn’t cover that. I mean you can, because it’s accurate. Because customers were not being charged for them. Which is why the fee was so low for those that still had the RSNs.
In most places with the fee, it was as low as only $1 per month, with only a few higher-priced exceptions. Do you really think that $1 covers the entire cost of carrying that RSN / those RSN's, so that the entire cost was broken out as a separate fee? To further complicate things, some regions with no RSN's being carried on Dish were still charged that extra $1 sports fee, including many zip codes in central Ohio.

Because you don’t pay on a per channel basis. You also didn’t see a huge price increase that took place shortly thereafter with every other provider. You saw a small price increase with the option to actually lower your price. That was about the same time they broke the RSN fee out separately and you can clearly see you weren’t charged for them there, as well. False equivalency.
Actually I belive at250 had a $5 increase...that seems huge to me

Reactions: pattykay
Then you would have hated if they kept the RSNs and raised rates $13 like ATT.
That goes to prove my point. There is no way that Dish's $1 or so fee covers the entire cost of the RSN's for the regions that still have them. The remainder of the rate for those RSN's has to come from somewhere, and every subscriber across the country is subsidizing them as part of the cost of their base packages.

That goes to prove my point. There is no way that Dish's $1 or so fee covers the entire cost of the RSN's for the regions that still have them. The remainder of the rate for those RSN's has to come from somewhere, and every subscriber across the country is subsidizing them as part of the cost of their base packages.
When you admit that the majority of those places only have one channel(you’re charged for the RSNs you were receiving), considering the ones remaining, wouldn’t be too surprising. It doesn’t prove anything at all, but definitely gives further credence to the fact that Dish customers are NOT paying for Bally Sports.

When you admit that the majority of those places only have one channel(you’re charged for the RSNs you were receiving), considering the ones remaining, wouldn’t be too surprising. It doesn’t prove anything at all, but definitely gives further credence to the fact that Dish customers are NOT paying for Bally Sports.
Correct...just paying Charle Ergen

Correct...just paying Charle Ergen
Correct, for the services his company is providing. I’m surprised to see so many that have not read or understood what they are actually paying for. I must ask Juan, out of curiosity, are you still a Dish customer and how long you have been paying the full price with no credits or benefits either…

Correct, for the services his company is providing. I’m surprised to see so many that have not read or understood what they are actually paying for. I must ask Juan, out of curiosity, are you still a Dish customer and how long you have been paying the full price with no credits or benefits either…
You can't continue to charge for services not rendered

I’ve said here before. My dish network is no longer under the price lock, nor is my parents directv. With 4 rooms of receivers. I have 250, they have premier, both are pretty close to the same package, but they have Bally sports or whatever it’s called. My bill was actually a dollar higher at $137.

now I could call in and get locked in again at $122. At least that is what the agent offered before I laughed and hung up. Problem is, directv isnt portable friendly anymore. And I don’t want to spend $130 at two locations. So the dish Wally works fine for the occasional trip to the lake.

Reactions: pattykay
I’ve said here before. My dish network is no longer under the price lock, nor is my parents directv. With 4 rooms of receivers. I have 250, they have premier, both are pretty close to the same package, but they have Bally sports or whatever it’s called. My bill was actually a dollar higher at $137.

now I could call in and get locked in again at $122. At least that is what the agent offered before I laughed and hung up. Problem is, directv isnt portable friendly anymore. And I don’t want to spend $130 at two locations. So the dish Wally works fine for the occasional trip to the lake.
According to ATT’s Directv page, the Premier package by itself without discount and before the RSN fee, equipment fee, taxes, etc is $206/month.

ALL INCLUDED PACKAGE: Ends 7/11/21. Available only in the U.S. (excludes Puerto Rico and U.S.V.I.). 1st & 2nd year Pricing: $64.99/mo for ENTERTAINMENT All Included; $69.99/mo for CHOICE All Included; $84.99/mo for ULTIMATE All Included; $134.99/mo for PREMIER All Included for first 12 mos. only. After 12 mos. or loss of eligibility, then prevailing rate applies (currently $102/mo for ENTERTAINMENT All Included; $122/mo for CHOICE All Included; $151/mo for ULTIMATE All Included; $206/mo for PREMIER All Included), unless cancelled or changed prior to end of the promo period.

According to ATT’s Directv page, the Premier package by itself without discount and before the RSN fee, equipment fee, taxes, etc is $206/month.

ALL INCLUDED PACKAGE: Ends 7/11/21. Available only in the U.S. (excludes Puerto Rico and U.S.V.I.). 1st & 2nd year Pricing: $64.99/mo for ENTERTAINMENT All Included; $69.99/mo for CHOICE All Included; $84.99/mo for ULTIMATE All Included; $134.99/mo for PREMIER All Included for first 12 mos. only. After 12 mos. or loss of eligibility, then prevailing rate applies (currently $102/mo for ENTERTAINMENT All Included; $122/mo for CHOICE All Included; $151/mo for ULTIMATE All Included; $206/mo for PREMIER All Included), unless cancelled or changed prior to end of the promo period.
You have a channel list?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)