FoxSport Channel Cleveland Region new channel next?

Dvlos

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 5, 2004
The angels vs indians in HD can't be on FSN Florida, 2 games an hour apart? Also last nights Mets game was NOT in HD, for some odd reason.. what a let down, the only thing that saved the night is that the Marlins beat them 5-0. I will probably go to the game pending no major disaster from Frances.

I'm in Northeast Ohio and still have no 350 showing for FSN Ohio.

rhk said:
Wasn't in my PG this morning either.
I just can't believe I missed the yesterday's game with Yankees!

rhk said:
Wasn't in my PG this morning either.
I just can't believe I missed the yesterday's game with Yankees!
22:0. This can only happen once in a lifetime!

When the Ohio channels get launched, here's what the lineup should be:

Fox Sports Florida - Channel 340
Fox Sports Florida HD - Channel 341
Fox Sports Ohio (Cleveland) - Channel 350
Fox Sports Ohio (Cleveland) HD - Channel 351
Fox Sports Ohio (Cincinnati) - Channel 352
Fox Sports Ohio (Cincinnati) HD - Channel 352

The ohio channels basically have the same filler programming the only diff is that indians games are on cleveland and reds games are on cincinnati.

Also here's a great map of the regions that are affiliated with
http://www.baseballthinkfactory.org/files/main/article/danwerr_2003-05-13_0

There are a couple errors on the map because it was generated using the 3 digit zip code instead of all five which can make some differences.

The main error on the map is that the whole state of Florida gets both Devil Rays and Marlins baseball games.

Ohioans place a call to Voom and inquire about the channel launch... should be soon... hopefully before BASEBALL IS OVER.

BFG said:
Fox Sports Florida - Channel 340
Fox Sports Florida HD - Channel 341
Fox Sports Ohio (Cleveland) - Channel 350
Fox Sports Ohio (Cleveland) HD - Channel 351
Fox Sports Ohio (Cincinnati) - Channel 352
Fox Sports Ohio (Cincinnati) HD - Channel 352
Is this already in the PG? BFG, where did you get this? This is great, if true! I knew Fox Sports Ohio was coming, but to get it in HD, would be a huge surprise! (I thought we have already reached the 39-channel limit.)
I see channel 352 is listed twice - must be a mistake.

no, they are not in PGs, these are just my guesses from numbers that Scott posted a while back.

Yeah, i forgot to change it, that last number would be 523

Look for this channel to be added by 9/4/04 as well. (Disclaimer: if it does not happen do not flame it for it).

VOOM should offer the RSN's with two options the way that Directv and dish do.

Option 1 - In the everyting package you get all the RSN's, but live proffessional ball games are blacked out for all areas except your local RSN area. If you only have the base package then an option to add all the RSN's would be like $10 extra a month, but again live proffesional sports are blacked out except if you live in the area of that RSN.

Option 2 - if you only have the base package, and don't want to pay the extra $10 dollars for all the RSN's, you still should get your local RSN including coverage of live proffesional sports in your area. (like voom is doing it now with FSN-Florida)

The added benefit of option #1 is most of RSN's will rebroadcast the proffesional games after midnight and with Directv there are no blackouts of non live games so you can watch any game you want when it is rebroadcasted.

yeah, except the way that it's set up now, the HD channel is only on air when there is a live HD taking place. The HD channels, are not 24/7 mirrors of the SD channel, rather simply a place holder for the HD games.

Right now, it is too early to put a RSN package. There's only one on VOOM and one more in the plan so far. So until a reasonable number of them are in place, I do not see a package coming out.

FOX Midwest

Sean,

As I've posted elsewhere, If I can't get FOX Midwest for a reasonable price ($10 per month) I'll be dropping VOOM. I'm paying $53 a month for Dish Net just to watch the Cards.

Thanks
Hawk

Hawkshaw, whay are you paying so much for Dish?

You can cancel everything but the RSN package and pay $5 a month for not having a basic programming package, total sot a month is $10. :)

I don't think you will be seeing FOX Midwest on VOOM anytime in the near future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)