Franklin, NC

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dogbreath

Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Cutting Edge
May 30, 2005
Weaverville, NC
I live in Franklin, NC, and get the Greenville, SC channels from D*. I was wondering if anyone is able to get the HDTV OTA channels from these stations.
Some of the stations will not allow me a waiver.

Thanks,
dogbreath

No OTA HDTV for us (I'm in Swain Co.). Our local TV stations are 2 repeater towers away. You can get OTA HDTV in Asheville and Greenville. I talked to the Engineer of WYFF and they have no plans any time soon to convert the Cowee tower to digital (NBC is the only wavier i do not have,WYFF will not give me one). Heres a link to check out for our area OTA HDTV discussion. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=322947

Thanks for the help, Smoky. I am waiting for the NBC waiver. The woman I spoke with at WYFF was very unhelpful. It is quite obvious to anyone that wanted to look at a map that a signal would be almost nonexistant here in WNC but to each their own.

I think I spoke with the same lady, she's the WYFF wavier person. After about 10 min. of not getting anywhere with her, I asked for a Engineer so I could ask about the Cowee Tower. She did tell me that they are in negotiations with E* for HD broadcasts, but I still want a wavier for distant stations (just for the time difference). My reason for asking for a wavier is IF E* ever has all 4 (ABC,CBS,FOX and NBC) HD distants, then at least I can watch network broadcasts in HD (I do have CBS-New York in HD). In these mountains OTA is hit or miss, mostly miss. I grew up with a snowy pic from Knoxville channel's 6 & 10, so satellite is our only HD source and will be our only source. If the stations in our DMA cannot provide that source just give us the chance to get it from somewhere else. I don't watch South Carolina local news because it does not cover my area and I'm not driving to shop in the Upstate because its too far, so the argument about local ad revenue is lame. I just want to watch TV in HD, I feel if the so called local station cannot deliver the network(NBC) that they represent in HD to the people in that stations DMA OTA, then give those folks a wavier so they can watch the network HD feed from somewhere else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts