FREE 12 ft. Satellite Dish w/ Recievers and VC2+'s

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sweepy1

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 4, 2006
Apex NC
This is from Craigs List Raleigh-Free section: If interested email this guy at :sale-238091250@craigslist.org

Here's the deal: I have one 12 ft. fiberglass C-band dish (small embeded mesh, good for KU too). It is assembled on a polar mount and perched on 4 1/2" OD iron-pipe pole in my back yard. It comes apart in petal-shaped sections. It is very heavy. It has succesfully weathered multiple hurricanes over the past 10 years with no damage or even misalignment. It has a working motorized arm with a working sensor. It has a working polorotor with working low-temp C-band LNB. All of that (and more) is yours for free, if you come here, disassemble it, and take it away. This is not an easy task, I recommend 2 strong responsible adults and either a bucket truck or scissors lift. If you do come get, or attempt to get, this dish you must agree that all members of your party waive any right whatsoever to any damages, tort claims, lawsuits, or similar regarding any resulting injuries to you or damages to your property. You must also agree that when/if you haul this thing away, you will never ever bring it back to me. That being said, I'll throw in the following items to make this a better deal for you: All the C-band recievers I can find in my storage shed, which should be a Prosat 390, a Drake ESR1024 with positioner unit and cable, and an old Zenith something or another. Also included are a stand-alone VC2 "cage" unit, a blue VCRS module, and a pink VC2+ module. I want this thing gone so bad I'll also throw in my almost unused Corotor C/KU feed and the associated brand new low-temp KU LNB. I also have an ancient Prosat 18" positioner, its associated stand-alone control box, and an old C-band LNA and its block down converter. You can have these as well if you want but I won't insist if you find it to be too junky :p Heck, I'll even give you all my C-band books! How can you say no?????

Just to reiterate: You have to take the dish to get any of the "goodies", and you can't bring it back or sue me. C'mon, its FREE FREE FREE, and that monster dish will annoy the crap out of your neighbors! It also resembles a giant sombrero, and occasionally attracts the interest of military helicopters!

ouch! poor hated dish! how high up is the bottom of the dish off the ground? there are probably rentable bucket trucks in your area, right? Like home depot or nations rent? hmmmmm. wow, thats a bargain!

lol yeah that'd be funny if you were that happy to get rid of it and you woke up the next morning with it reinstalled in your front yard, cause someone else hated it back

FREE 12 ft. Satellite Dish w/ Recievers and VC2+'s , my Elves will deliver and install for you , bought it 15 years ago but have never been able to pick up any birds because I'm below the Horizon, Mrs. Clause will appreciate me getting rid of it.
Ho HO Ho Merry X-mas ,,,,,,,,,, Santa

Well it's a nice thought. LOL

how?

just curious how you are able to use the 90cm dish in your sig and not able to use the big dude? aren't all the satellites on the clarke belt? wierd someone sold you a dish in your area (mail ordered?) that wouldn't work. then again im new to all this and im sure im way off and clueless...

How are the birds below the horizon from the Chicago burbs? I got buddies around there using BUDs just fine across the entire 61.0°w - 148.0°w and have seen some hitting past that. I think he said AMC 12 at 37.5°w or maybe he said Hispasat 1C at 30.0°w

Last edited:
FREE 12 ft. Satellite Dish w/ Recievers and VC2+'s , my Elves will deliver and install for you , bought it 15 years ago but have never been able to pick up any birds because I'm below the Horizon, Mrs. Clause will appreciate me getting rid of it.
Ho HO Ho Merry X-mas ,,,,,,,,,, Santa

Well it's a nice thought. LOL

It's a joke people, Santa lives in the north pole! Elves! Below the horizon! Get it?

It's a joke people, Santa lives in the north pole! Elves! Below the horizon! Get it?

I'm glad you caught that.

Yes I was just playing around with the first message in the thread.

Was never meant to be taken seriously, just trying to be clever.

As a matter of fact I can hit 30.0 west with my 90 cm dish, and I am thinking about adding a C-band dish someday, and I think 40.0 W is my East limit in the backyard.

hmm... curious... how far north can you actually go before you actually are below the horizon... I'd imagine up at the north pole, if the horizon didn't block you, you might actually be able to see the entire arc around the entire world!!!

Of course, to clear the horizon, if it is below the horizon, a flying sleigh placed a few miles above the house and one really loooooong coax cable to a dish on the sleigh may be of some use. Maybe, just like my sg2100's motor has a green light, the Kringle's house at the north pole utilizes a red nosed reindeer light?

hmm... curious... how far north can you actually go before you actually are below the horizon... I'd imagine up at the north pole, if the horizon didn't block you, you might actually be able to see the entire arc around the entire world!!!

A North Pole dish would be pointed 8.6 degrees BELOW the horizon when trying for the Clark Belt Arc (as is the South Pole).

the farther north you go, the lower the elevation is. So someone in Texas has a much higher dish elevation that some one in MN

I have only one 10 footer. My W says I'm underprivledged. I told her I wanted a 25 footer, just didn't know where to get one for free. There's a nice 6 footer, motorized, about a mile down the road I've been eying. Maybe if I ask, they'll let me haul it away, that's how I got the 10 footer. Can't have too many you know. No WAF issues here, she's the best in the world.

When i discussed getting a cband antenna origionally with the wife (i didn't know they were getting harder to come by) I asked her if we could buy a new system. the WAF was 0% let me tell you! More like in the negatives, so i left it alone! Then my dad said i could have his so I got it. Boy was I in trouble with the wife! I thought it was about the money, i never knew anyone thought they were ugly, seriously, as even she didn't say that origionally. Imagine my surprise when i first heard they were nicknamed "BUD"s when i first came here via search engine looking for cband forums. Its worth every second of silent treatment and similar "treatments" that i got. I think the WAF is up to 20% now because it pacifies our five year old daughter thru some of the day. I have to manually set it to the sats i want to see right now becaues im having a little trouble aligning the dish for use with the actuator arm, which i am fixing to break down and start a new thread and just ask. I have been reading the faqs for a couple or so hours a days now with not too much luck, though i thought i had it a couple of times (once i think i did, but it maxed out going west on like G1 because i didn't extend the arm out enought when finding true south, i was going "Grrrrrrrr!" Lol )

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts