free 6' mesh, Lake Geneva WI

Status
Please reply by conversation.
the price is right

Maybe it's 6' off the ground? :D

You're right! That nose cone looks pretty small if it's on a 6' dish!
I might have to agree on the 10' guess.

And, what's that lump on the back side of the dish?
I am probably seeing things. It's probably a tree in the background.
But it looks a little like the housing of an Ajak 180 H-H motor.
Maybe it's the business end of a regular jack...?
Just can't tell in that picture, but somebody needs to go take a look.
. . . or contact the seller and have 'em forward the original of that picture.

Thanks again Toucan Man for another nice find!

Looks like a 10 to me. Lake Geneva is about a 2hr drive from me, but I have my 12 already.

Im working on acquiring a 10 foot KTI buttonhook in McHenry. If that doesn't pan out tomorrow I will look in to the Lake Geneva one.

Im working on acquiring a 10 foot KTI buttonhook in McHenry. If that doesn't pan out tomorrow I will look in to the Lake Geneva one.

he says THERE ARE NO MAJOR BENDS OR BREAKS.
this dish has been listed 3 times i know of.
it may be good for parts.
the dish in geneva i e-mailed 2 times but no answer.
try the guy in geneva maybe you will have better luck then me.

jasjas said:
he says THERE ARE NO MAJOR BENDS OR BREAKS.
this dish has been listed 3 times i know of.
it may be good for parts.
the dish in geneva i e-mailed 2 times but no answer.
try the guy in geneva maybe you will have better luck then me.

I won the KTI. The first time it was up there were no bidders. The second time there were 2 of us bidding. I wouldn't go over $15.00 and the winner didn't know where it was located. I had a "2nd chance" at the $15, but wasn't willing to go that high sight unseen and only 1 photo. I was happy to see it come up again. Now I have to go and take it apart. Looked like stainless ribs in the pic, should make for a little easier disassembly.

...Looked like stainless ribs in the pic, should make for a little easier disassembly.
Would imagine it's aluminum, with the powder coating flaked off. At least that's how KTIs often look around here, the birthplace of KTI. They are also prone to having water freeze in the bottom ribs, best to drill a weep hole.

The last dish I rescued was a ten footer, and the guy asked that I not cut the pole at the ground, but instead take the whole thing out and remove the concrete.

I dug all around the concrete, then used my truck to move the pole back and forth a few times until it was all loose, then just lifted the pole out of the ground.

Then we began working on getting the concrete off the pole, it sort of fell off in four or five large pieces, we broke those up and left them in the hole, then moved all the dirt back into the hole. It all leveled out real nice and when the guy looked at it, then at the back of my truck he asked what we did with the broken concrete, he'd heard us talking as we broke it apart.

I was honest with him and he laughed, he never thought of leaving the concrete instead of actually having a big depression in the ground where the pole had been.

Food for thought.

Photto

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)