Free 8 footer Paraclipse

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blindowl1234

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
SouthWest Ohio
Ok folks I screwed up this weekend and spent $60 on the 8 foot dish I posted questions about last week. It was totally disasembled so it was hard to tell what I had. If someone wants it...come and get it. My wife and I spent all day Sunday and realized the dish and mount are way too heavy for what I need it for. The dish is together pretty much. The clips for the mesh were gone, so most of it is wire tied back together for now. Lets see I have the mount which looks to take about a 3 1/2" square pole...very heavy mount. The feedhorn cover is still there...no lnb.
There's whats left of an old Uniden accuator...looks shot. Also I replaced 99% of the bolts holding the dish together...lost more $$$. Looks like the dish post on another Paraclipse posting here....just a little rougher shape. Put together it's too heavy for me and the wife to mess with...If someone wants to come and get it....let me know:(

Its THAT heavy? Take it apart and move it that way! Like I said, my wife and I moved the 12' Paraclipse around on the ground...and, believe me, we aren't musclebound....(unless you count grocery muscle).

The mount, can you get some neighbor kids or something to help? Maybe a neighbor with a tractor or something? I set my Paraclipse 12' H to H mount, which weights 250 pounds or so, with me and a 18 y/o. Neighborkid...had to be lifted 6' in the air to slide over the mounting pole....

Clips are no problem if you can use a pair of wire cutters you can make clips...and you can install the mesh while the dish is on the pole. I did some of that too....

BUT, if you decide to give up, I understand I guess, sometimes we just can't handle things.... :)

Stogie, I've seen 10 foot dishes weigh half what this thing does haha. Not musclebound here either. The only other option is to assemble the whole thing...drag it to the hole and raise it up letting it drop in the hole. I mentioned raising this thing above our heads which caused the wife to say "Are you nuts"!. Blind

Stogie, I've seen 10 foot dishes weigh half what this thing does haha. Not musclebound here either. The only other option is to assemble the whole thing...drag it to the hole and raise it up letting it drop in the hole. I mentioned raising this thing above our heads which caused the wife to say "Are you nuts"!. Blind

If you are talking the full length square polar mount tube which is about five or six feet long, I used a gin pole rig to lift mine up.

Mine was lifted high enough to place the sqare tube on a seven foot long pole.

If you have that full length mount, I think the bolts for tightening it to the internal pole are near the bottom. If so you only really need an internal pole length of about three feet. Using a short internal pole will shorten the lift distance.

Some pictures might help.

Pokey, I'm in Goshen....If you know where Kings Island is I'm a little east of there. It's not a bad dish...just too heavy for my use...I'll just pick up a KU dish for my brother instead of this monster. Thanks! Blind

I tried to post a pic of the dish after I put it together and a pic of the mount. I never have uploaded a picture before so hope it works Blind

Attachments

• Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 132
  • Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 116
I tried to post a pic of the dish after I put it together and a pic of the mount. I never have uploaded a picture before so hope it works Blind

Looks like you will need a pole that is about five feet above ground. If it is an eight foot dish i guess you could go down to four feet, but that would put the edge of the mesh reall close to the ground.

I would install the mount first. Then I would fix up the mesh but leave off the bottom panels. That would allow you to use the cross ribs between the trusses as lifting points to lift and hold the dish while bolting it to themount.

Stogie/Maui, So I bit the bullet and guess I'm keeping the dish for now. Put in a pole yesterday and last night it took three of us to get it on the pole...back is sore this morning. I'll let ya know when it's hooked up. Thanks! Blind

Status
Please reply by conversation.