Free Anti-Virus Software?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
AVG is free and will remain free and Comodo is the free firewall that I use.
Paying for this kind of stuff is stupid.

Between AVG and Avast, I would go with AVG. Although I did not appreciate the way they promoted v7.5. Like Tony, at first look I thought they were going to be all paid. I used to use Avast and it did a good job but I just find AVG a little better.

I've done 1000 installs, reformats, etc, and Norton and McAfee are memory hogs, their antispyware scanner is known for MANY false positives because of the simple regex patterns it uses, and once I switch them to avast! it's like a new computer, evrything runs much faster after norton or mcafee is replaced, don't fall for the hype, bah, I've been over this before. :)

Homie doesn't use either Norton or McCrap.

I use a tool called De-Crapifier to get rid of all of the crap that comes on Dell's.

I use Avast at home and on all home installs.

Between AVG and Avast, I would go with AVG. Although I did not appreciate the way they promoted v7.5. Like Tony, at first look I thought they were going to be all paid. I used to use Avast and it did a good job but I just find AVG a little better.

I spent several hours on night testing the different freebie anti-virus programs and found that Avast caught stuff downloading (and blocked it) while AVG missed stuff downloading and allowed it to be saved to disk. In it's defense it did catch it once I attempted to open it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts